practice with my new grinder . knife blanks from files

if you loose them , go with a stanley knife with retractable blade its what i used to use as a kid , butcher use them to for scring the rine on pork to make perfect cracling !!

sorry guiys i just cant price match the cheap production knives !

You shouldn't apologise for selling quality, hand crafted knives: it is just good to see so many people appreciating the work and creativity that goes into making these fine works of art.

• Like 3

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You shouldn't apologise for selling quality, hand crafted knives: it is just good to see so many people appreciating the work and creativity that goes into making these fine works of art.

well iv acid etched patterns into them now . same prices as before but look better now .

thanks less than 2 years iv been doing the knives consistantly , all thanks to the ressesion , i went bankrupt lost my busines and could not get work ! so instead of going mental i started to do this

I'm in the market for a 5-6" fixed blade knife. Idealy something that can be used with a pouch type sheath instead of the sheaths with retaining straps so any sort of protruding finger guard would be a problem. Just seen this thread, I like your work and the reviews seem positive. Do/will you have anything like this in production and if so what price would I be looking at.

I would like to fit a handle myself but would be looking for someone to sheath it.

:thumbs:

if you loose them , go with a stanley knife with retractable blade its what i used to use as a kid , butcher use them to for scring the rine on pork to make perfect cracling !!

sorry guiys i just cant price match the cheap production knives !

no need for the apology, i aint asking you to match the prices of anything pal, i simply asked how much your paunchers will be

Got me blade matt cheers one of the big ones quality as all ways just looking for a handle now ... Put me down for one of the bunny knifes . Cheers again

Hi buddy what handle material you after?

Atb rob

Funny you say that I'm going to use a bit of wood you sent me as a freebie with that catty you sent me . Can't remember what it was but I love the colour and it's going to good on this blade ... Cheers rob :)

hi , lots of questions !!

folding knives , yeah i have plans for friction folders soon , i have some very nice damascus made of high end stainless steel (damasteel) i will probably have a go at them next week , they will be with solid burl oak or buffalo horn handles .

blanks there will be loads soon , i just got caught up today with a my largest order to date .see below

2012_0910htoven0007.jpg

2012_0910htoven0009.jpg

2012_0910htoven0006.jpg

this lot are all made from army surplus , the handles are micarta made of army greens (trousers) the blades are files the sheaths are made of army boots !!

there is 20 in total with 5 smaller neck knives .

just gone to there new home at www.gijoearmystores.com who supplied all the materials , i dont know what they are charging on them but worth an email to enquire , if you explain matt simmons put you on to them im sure they will help you out !!

iv got a 2" deep dust on everything in the shed that needs cleaning before i do anything else , so thats the next job then i will get the necker/pauncher knives finnished , they are ground and heat treated just want the final touch handle and sheath before they go for sale , price will be based on how long its taken, material cost ,etc and i don't know the answer to that yet sorry .

thanks again for all the support it means alot .

ps i have a single phase electric heat treating oven for sale in misc section for anyone that wants one !!

• Like 1