Stopping a dog attack

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someof the replies here are hilarious....id like to see some of you lads splitting up dogs that actually meant it !!......Hold it upside down,kick it in the balls,spray their face   Without a break

Nobody likes a bully.....and in my opinion its no coincidence why that type of dog attracts that type of owner............im first to admit ive owned extremely dog aggressive dogs myself but never in

do you carry a nice cheese dip to go with your bread stick :laugh:

Posted Images

Only time i have ever had to intervein with my dogs both greyhounds was quite recently when my male rooted out a cat that was in the border & as it tried to run up the fence he grabbed it & started to maul it, then my bithch joined in

I tried to seperate them with a broom handle .. but that made no difference .. so i threw an empty metal food dish on the floor & they scattered .

lucky for me there quite laid back dogs & i managed to get them back under my control quite quickly & they didnt do any serious damage to the cat

But it is something i worry about when i am out with my dogs .. as I dont tend to loose them off the lead if i have the 2 with me as naturally they pack when another dog off the lead approaches them & I seriously doubt I could deal with my 2 & someones elses dog going at it

:thumbs:

this happened to me about 10 years ago. walking my staffie early one morning down the main road and another staff aproached us. i could tell it wanted to fight so picked up mine and managed to keep the other dog at bay and it seemed to lose interest so i set off again and having crossed the road to head up to home i put my dog down then all hell broke loose! the other dog had ran around us up a steep banking and set about my dog and they were at it big time, i panicked and tried kicking the sh1t out of it which had zero effect lol luckily it had a collar on managed to get my hand in and with a back leg i now had the attacking dog and mine dangling in the air and it let go. it never aimed any aggression towards me it just wanted to kill my dog. i launched the tw*t down that banking as far as i could and legged it :yes: . couldnt breathe when i got home and felt like id done ten rounds with tyson. so from my experiance forget trying to boot em off it hurts and has little or no effect on a dog intent on a kill. and i had a vet bill as his neck was a mess needing antibiotics .

Seen the end result of a greyhound fight once. Not a sight id like to repeat, docile dogs the old grey , until that frenzy hits them. Very informative posts from some.

As for booting the offending dog does no good. Really! ! Well I e booted a few clean off my charges in the past . Worked in jig time. Ill take some points ob board what has been written, but as per usual if someone suggests something that the other does not then it's down to mocking them.

• Like 2

Bird havin been brought up round the real deal and running bull blooded dogs I wouldn't leave the house without a break stick.

Gnasher I think the more intent the dogs have the easier they are to split because as you said there's no in and out. Only dog I've been bitten by was a f*****g yorky.

Scot there's no need to boot the dogs though, all scraps can be split without being violent to either dog

Sorry mate i'm not having that........If some knob has an out of control dog that he has no power control over and it attacks my Lab with an intent to do some serious damage then i'll do everything in my power to get that dog off. Now i wont be sticking my hands near its mouth and get bitten to f**k but i will stick my boot in. If its a killer then i hope its legs are strong.... :yes:

• Like 3

Scot there's no need to boot the dogs though, all scraps can be split without being violent to either dog

Sorry mate i'm not having that........If some knob has an out of control dog that he has no power control over and it attacks my Lab with an intent to do some serious damage then i'll do everything in my power to get that dog off. Now i wont be sticking my hands near its mouth and get bitten to f**k but i will stick my boot in. If its a killer then i hope its legs are strong.... :yes:

see thats why you should have a bull cross and not big fat gay labs, no need to do anything with them, they sort any attack out themselves....... :laugh:

• Like 1

first thing, stop dogs moving/shaking and keep calm......ish. All the rest has been covered. With no bread stick choking is the ONLY proper way.

Booting and kicking or what ever only creates more damage :yes:

The only time I've been bitten is when there is more than two dogs and that has been more times than I care to list.

first thing, stop dogs moving/shaking and keep calm......ish. All the rest has been covered. With no bread stick choking is the ONLY proper way.

The only time I've been bitten is when there is more than two dogs and that has been more times than I care to list.

do you carry a nice cheese dip to go with your bread stick :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 4

do you carry a nice cheese dip to go with your bread stick :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

See I suppose that's a fair point lab because each owner and dog is different. I have always manged to keep calm and sort out any problems yet my brother even with our dogs dogs as kids would panick and flail out.

The problem is with all of these suggestions is they all include keeping calm and unless you've been around it before or your dog isn't be chucked around like a rag doll the normal person would be able to keep calm

I love some of your replies! I am now trying to work out what I would do. Choking and grabbing the hind legs sounds like the way to go. And I like the idea of the Bite Back spray. Does anybody know if it will work when the dogs have already started fighting or is it just a deterrent?

See I suppose that's a fair point lab because each owner and dog is different. I have always manged to keep calm and sort out any problems yet my brother even with our dogs dogs as kids would panick and flail out.

The problem is with all of these suggestions is they all include keeping calm and unless you've been around it before or your dog isn't be chucked around like a rag doll the normal person would be able to keep calm

I think that is exactly the point mate...................when you hear your dog squealing in pain all rational stuff goes out the window and you just go a bit mental, well i did when it happened to me. I couldn't have gave a f**k if the owner was a brickshit house my worries were about my young pup at the time. Infact with my steelies on i very near kicked one of the mutts into next week and lucky not to break the other ones jaw.

Same scenario in a human fight mate.......folk like to thing that they will turn into Jackie Chan if the shit hits the fan when most run or turn into a f*****g human windmill..... :laugh: