remmington 17hmr rounds

a good friend of mine recently bought a few hundred remmington 17 hmr bullets i had sighted the scope up at 100yrs and was hitting bull constanly :yes: . firing cz any way a few rounds in i had taken the shot and had a spotter looking at the targets the normal high crack, he said a miss :huh: so bolt back to place another round in the chamber ejected the spent case ,shoved the bolt forward and the round would not go into the chamber when i looked closely the previous bullet had remained in the breech just about 1.3/4 down the barrel stopping the round from loading i had to use a thin brazing rod to remove the bullet that could have been nasty had the other round actually been able to seat and fire :huh:.

anyway i took the rounds back to the gunsmiths explained what had happened and he ca\sually said oh this has happened before with the remmys you must have had a large bullet head :blink: anyway he exchanged the box for some winchesters which are brilliant never had that happen before and dont want it to happen again