Which rifle would you choose?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sexy as fook!!

Ok everyone, here's what I went for....   Daystate Air Ranger .22 with Hawke Nite Eye Digital 3-12 x 50 with this nice little reticle  

Well, if I may join this thread as a spring rifle shooter with a particular PCP rifle I like the look of.   I'd say the Daystate Huntsman is the most beautiful PCP of all I've yet seen. It looks lik

thnik its the price mate. i mean they dont really leave ya much change after :D

I just googled the MK3, theres a brand new one for sale locally for £750 inc scope. I wouldn't mind the electronics for that price,lol

Edited by KurtH

Well, if I may join this thread as a spring rifle shooter with a particular PCP rifle I like the look of.

I'd say the Daystate Huntsman is the most beautiful PCP of all I've yet seen. It looks like a full-bore rifle, which is a huge plus for me. It has a really sweet bolt action (though I'm not wild about a shiny polished silver-metal one. Blue-black would be perfect for me.).

The Marinelli stock is cut from beautiful walnut blanks and the rake of the pistol grip is perfect for a universally available rifle. Just the perfect amount of 'wrist' to the trigger.. What's more, it's available in a dedicated left-handed version. That is, stock and bolt action all set for left hand shooting. Perfect!

It's slim, not too lightweight and it's as accurate as an air rifle should be.

The only thing I have against it, like all PCPs, is that it is an insensitive experience to shoot with one. No recoil, no talk-back at the shoulder and trigger. No nice crack off the trigger. Just an utterly clinical "Click" on firing and that's all there is to it.

Yet...It's started to grow on me to the point where I'm seriously beginning to think about buying one.....

There you go. A PCP recommendation from a spring rifle disciple!

Pianoman

• Like 4

Still only the Rapid for Me Simon Me Pal ;) But i have to admit you do like pretty rifles :wub: :wub:

the Rapids one Air Rifle that's never let Me down and it still it edges the Pro sport when i reach for a rifle :icon_redface: Don't get me wrong the prosport is the most stunning spring gun ever in looks and a Damn accurate rifle to boot, but for a jack of all trades the Rapid is the Dude for Me, Long range Killer, NV Shooter, H F T & Target plinker it does every job impeccably and will out shoot Me every time and also built like a Tank.

I like to compare the Rapid MK 2 to a Very well known powder burner, the Accuracy international :icon_eek:. Obviously Mines an Airgun gun And not a Powder burner, But same principle, i.e. not the prettiest, But deadly accurate built to take the punishment and easy to repair ;):) for this alone it's the soul keeper i couldn't part with. :wub:

atvb Daz 7 :diablo:

Edited by Daz 7
  • 3 weeks later...

The Air Ranger is only a modern copy of the Rapid, so you will love it. Forget the electrics models - don't even go and look at that second hand one! yes, they are superb when they are shooting, absolutely precise in shot to shot consistency with the clever electronics providing the exact same pressure behind the pellet every time, even as the bottle empties....BUT they are very expensive to repair. If you go target shooting and that kind of precision is critical, fine, you will have the opportunity to be more careful with it. If you are huntinng, it will get knocked, it will get soaked and the electrics will go wrong, eventually - maybe 5 years down the line, but at some point the bill is going to be expensive!

The Ranger is a Huntsman with a bottle (the inside workings are the same). Out of necessity the stock is different to accommodate the bottle. Lovely lines. Essentially it is a Rapid though, as is the R10 and any other bottle rifle - the Rapid was the first, the others have followed and the design was so right it is still being used 21 years later.

Enjoy!