Richter optiks

Anyone had a scope by these guys? The price seems too good to be true. Whats your experience of them?

Cheers

Duncan

Dunc do yourself a favour and get a Nikon prostaff, Optics wharehouse are doing em at 165 quid, they cannot be beaten by anything around the price, nothing and I mean nothing comes close,how they can produce such stunning optics for that price is beyond me, and the bullet drop reticule is the dogs reproductive organs. :thumbs: see you soon bud.

My experience with Nikon Prostaff are not so great and would not recommend one. For low price scopes I would look at Vrotex Diamondback or Bushnell Banner.

A good test of scopes in this class can also be found here: http://opticsthoughts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29:qinexpensive-scopeq-comparison&catid=4:rifle-scope-reviews&Itemid=4

My experience with Nikon Prostaff are not so great and would not recommend one. For low price scopes I would look at Vrotex Diamondback or Bushnell Banner.

A good test of scopes in this class can also be found here: http://opticsthought...eviews&Itemid=4

Well I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience,(though you do not tell us what it was) however I will reiterate, I challenge anyone to suggest a better, brighter,more asthetically pleasing scope for 165 ish quid,the build quality is way way above, all your Hawk,Nikko,Tasco,ect, and lets not forget, in the world of cameras Nikon are at the top of the game,I dont (unfortunately) work for Nikon, I just feel that their products are brilliant.

A good test of scopes in this class can also be found here: http://opticsthought...eviews&Itemid=4

Well I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience,(though you do not tell us what it was) however I will reiterate, I challenge anyone to suggest a better, brighter,more asthetically pleasing scope for 165 ish quid,the build quality is way way above, all your Hawk,Nikko,Tasco,ect, and lets not forget, in the world of cameras Nikon are at the top of the game,I dont (unfortunately) work for Nikon, I just feel that their products are brilliant.

Optically the Diamondback scopes from Vortex are better and so are also Burris and Sightron scopes in this price class. The difference is also that Diamondbacks are made in the Philippines and not in China.

I work with scopes and have hands on experience. I have no benefits for praising any brand and I write only what I know based on my observations.

Optically the Diamondback scopes from Vortex are better and so are also Burris and Sightron scopes in this price class. The difference is also that Diamondbacks are made in the Philippines and not in China.

I work with scopes and have hands on experience. I have no benefits for praising any brand and I write only what I know based on my observations.

Then working with scopes, you should know that Nikon prostaff are made in the Philippines, not china, you still have not enlightened us as to what your bad experience was???? No problem if you cant remember, however each to his own but I still maintain,having been shooting for the last 30+ years that Nikon prostaff scopes will out perform anything in the price bracket and way above,each to his own,but for anyone considering a scope at this sort of price bracket, I suggest you read the reveiws about them on Cabelas website for starters, interesting reading to say the least.

I have always been of the frame of mind "Buy cheap, buy twice". As such on my own rifles I have used Zeiss, Swarovski and S&B scopes. A year or so ago, I decided to replace all of my scopes of S&B based on my own observations of optical quality and I will keep these scopes for the next twenty years (god willing and all that).

My own personal experience of scopes and optics as a whole was that no matter what "cheap" scope I purchased, I could never be 100% sure it would hold zero or that I was getting every last drop of light through the scope and on to my eye. So I would swap back and forth, often losing money on scopes until one day the penny dropped, just buy a bl00dy quality scope and be done with it. Sell the rifle but always keep the scope.

John

@charlie

I sell scopes, I test them and I take care for warranty claims when they come back. Pro Staff is not as sharp as Vortex Diamondback or Bushnell Banner. End of story for me.... If you believe me or not its your choice.

I also have to say that I do not care about user reviews since most of the users does not have more than 10 scopes in the entire life and they almost never compare different scopes side by side. They buy one scope and after that it is for them the best scope on the market. I on the other hand have the privilege that I am able to compare scopes side by side and can form an unbiased opinion. Still, you don't have to believe me...

As a general remark I also think that "Buy cheap, buy twice" absolutely stands correct regarding sport optics.