Summer hunting.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I could get used to having a ratting trip and still being able to feel my fingers and toes after a few hours with the sun on my back...heaven   I've also decided not to write a great deal about th

some cracking pics there moll just like to thank you all for a excellent day out and to millet for the invite met some real nice lads and lass a think all the dogs chipped in though marv even th

Apart from his studded leather chaps with no pants underneath, his motorcycle cop helmet and mexicano moustache he is really a nice guy ......... just don't drop anything in front of him, he would be

I can vouch for the stink, three baths Marv's had and he still stinking the gaff out since Wednesday, excuse the pun but it was foul, even inside the barns that had been cleared out the ammonia was burning me blinkers.

It was Marv's first time out and was a little clueless to say the least, i think he was more taken to sniffing the back end of the border terrier than chasing rats, maybe he is starting to realise his lipstick isn't just for sitting and licking, still he managed to bag himself a cracking 1% of the total haul :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

Cracking day out, but gutted i had work commitments on the Friday so couldn't go and get wet and even smellier.

Great fun, great people and most of all cracking ratting dogs. thoroughly enjoyable day :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

How come i'm not in a end of the day shot.. :cray::D ...even though i have no dog's too take..2 too old 1 too young and 1 too aggresive..i still thoroughly enjoy day's like that.. watching the old pro's doing there job and the up and coming pup's learning is brilliant..

It was not the easiest place i have been too but the terrier's still done the job that was needed of them..and it still amazes me how they can still find them rat's in that stinking shite..it will probably take a fortnight to get the smell out of my car.. :D .

Woodga also never failed to deliver his olympic dive after he found the only hole on the farm and even that had a pallet on it..but he still fell in it.. :laugh: ..

Over the two day's of digging and battering hedge's i think i had gone through about 8 litre's of water..as my skin was leaking that much..not too worry though it was still a awsome couple of day's..the only down side for me was not seeing Keeper there on the second day through wearing her self out on the first..as she really is something special when it come's to finding and knacking them rat's...infact she is that mad for them she will flatten herself in a hole that has been dug to stop any other dog's getting in till she has crunched every single rat in the stop end..so you can imagine the bite's she recieve's through not being able to shake them..i don't know if you noticed her doing that Moll.. :thumbs: .

At the end of the couple of day's though all the terrier's done well and i think the full total of rat's killed over a 3 day period will have reached the 300 mark.

Cheer's Pete for yet again a cracking couple off day's on the rat's.. :victory:

• Like 1

Keeper was spot on sniffing them out and staying with the hole till she had gotten every last one out great fun to watch, and yeah the way she plugged the holes with her snout to stop the other terriers was funny she must of took some flack from the rats trapped down there :yes:

• Like 1

Keeper was spot on sniffing them out and staying with the hole till she had gotten every last one out great fun to watch, and yeah the way she plugged the holes with her snout to stop the other terriers was funny she must of took some flack from the rats trapped down there :yes:

That's exactly what she does mate and with her being built like a tank no one else is getting in there.. :D ..young Marv done ok really.. :yes: ..it can be confusing for young terrier's getting flung in at the deep end like that especialy when they is load's of playfull pup's in the team..

Edited by Millet
  • Like 1