Dogs weight.

What the best way to tell your dogs best weight. Iv been to my whippet is too thin but then he came 2nd out of 18 at a simulated coursing event 2 weeks ago. You don't see fat runners in the Olympics.

it dependes who was telling you it was too thin ? I get told all the time my dogs are thin by people that dont have a clue ! Get a couple of pics up here and the guys on here will give you a good idea what they think of it
  • Like 1

What the best way to tell your dogs best weight. Iv been to my whippet is too thin but then he came 2nd out of 18 at a simulated coursing event 2 weeks ago. You don't see fat runners in the Olympics.

aye but bolt, blake and the like have muscles on their muscles

• Like 1

I go by what they look like in general if the hips arent protruding and your dog isnt a skeleton then i wouldnt say its too thin.In saying that the dog handed in tonight id need to starve for a month to find her ribs shes the fattest lurcher ive ever clapped eyes on

Allot depends on their make up, a dog with more saluki blood in them will always show more bone structure than say a deer hound cross.

You should know if your dog is in a good condition or not.

There is a huge difference between an under weight dog showing ribs and hip bones compared to a super fit well muscled dog showing the same bones.