my allrounder, lets see yours

would like 2 know of what you lads class as allrounders ??

One that can do well enough on all species of game in a varying different number of ways and on different types of terrain.

basically one that can make itself useful regardless of what/where/when you are hunting that day

Edited by lapin2008

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the 3 of these are all rounders,I use them lamping ,ferreting ,out mooching with the bushing dogs ,i will bring one when out digging to catch bolters or anything that breaks cover ,they run and catch

wouldnt call him an all rounder more jack of all trades... not bad for just a bit more than halfe running dog in him (all pics took in NI and 100% legal)

Missi Saluki x Greyhound 21/2

Posted Images

i think everyones idea of an allrounder will be different........personally i don't see the point of a pothunting dog taking on teeth with the risk of injury and time off, pre ban i'd get as much out of a hare pushed into a gate net as a roe caught after a long slip, a pheasant caught in cover for me is much better than watching a long fruitless course and a hopping bunny ignored by a dog on the lamp en route to pick up a squatter is ace..............but like i say we're all different...........she's not quite there yet but at over 4 she's getting close....heres mine

IMG_2050.jpg

• Like 2

post-62934-0-96604800-1345978798_thumb.jpg

My all rounder which is a Roodog. Catches any game day or night. will mark a fox hole or rabbit hole by digging at it. retrieves shot game will catch birds in the light. Kills everything one out no matter the size and a well mannered dog. she also finds any game.

Her daughter is starting to find foxes very well and kill them one out at 13 months old. I don't think she'll be quick enough for hare though so she can't be classed as an all rounder.

• Like 3

My all rounder which is a Roodog. Catches any game day or night. will mark a fox hole or rabbit hole by digging at it. retrieves shot game will catch birds in the light. Kills everything one out no matter the size and a well mannered dog. she also finds any game.

Her daughter is starting to find foxes very well and kill them one out at 13 months old. I don't think she'll be quick enough for hare though so she can't be classed as an all rounder.

nice lookin dog mate, great feet on her

nice lookin dog mate, great feet on her

Cheers mate :thumbs: