Slugs in kennel

Ive been finding alot more of the dirty buggers also, especially in or around the dogs water bowl. Also found one my kitchen sink :bad:

As previously stated, i put salt around the places they seem to go. :victory:

They just sizzle away to nothing when they are doused in salt :D

.you cruel women........... :laugh:
  • Like 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i kept finding them round the dog bowls & water dish. i pick them up & put salt on them

Never known a slug problem as big as this ever. I am finding them in my chicken runs for the first time and they are not damp. And some of the walls of the cottage are glimmering silver. The are comin

A very serious issue nowadays as the slug can carry the lungworm and pass it on to your dogs, even through the trail of slime they leave. This year has been a serious year for slugs and when sweeping

It's nothing to do with damp kennels..its down to food source..slugs eat dog meat..dog biscuits and any other bits of shite they find..the best way to over come this is to feed terriers in the day time..keep kennels clean of any unwanted food and feed bowls away at night.

Our garden is full of the buggers, they go for the dog food, cat food, rabbit food, anything, in an effort to get rid of them ive put rings of salt around all the bowls and the rabbit hutches, also i found under the rabbit hutch/dog kennels they seem to live under there, come out at night, then go back so i hosed them off, and put salt round there as well, next day nice melted slug stains everywhere :victory:

and like someone else has said, keep worming up to date, and dont leave dishes out at night,

Make a hole big enough for a bowl outside the kennel and make sure the top of bowl is ground level an fill it a quater way with beer my uncle used to do this to protect his beans i have never had a problem with slugs in the kennel and thinking of it that's probably why they seem to be drawn to it and drown but I think the best people to get advice off are the old folk with allotments I know they have no dogs but slugs are their mortal enemy so they know how to attract away from whatever they have an dispose of , just a thought lads

• Like 1

Do any of you boys have problem with slugs in your dog kennels if so have you got any solutions as i have loads all of a sudden

Id get rid of the dogs,a decent dog should easily kill a slug,i owned a lakeland once that killed 17 in one session,some dawg that was,rip slugger.
  • Like 1

A drop of beer in a glass sunk into the ground a bit they go strait for it :thumbs:

Seriously mate it works my uncle done it for as longs I can remember just ask some of the old folk with Alotments but u can use sour milk to but I can't as one whiff an I spew haha