kits first timer

took my kits out ferreting for a couple hours the other morning only to one warren et the hob down and he would pop out ever 30 seconds but then he started to stay down for a little longer and longer after ten minutes had a nice fryer for the pan and some very happy ferts :yes:

i took a young hob out what came off magwitch and a couple of young jills of my own for the first time the other day very pleased with them enter straight away and bolted well. i must say i was very pleased with the hob that came of magwitch i enter him with one of the jills in a two eyed bury and in no time 5 rabbits bolted the jill came up so i picked her up and put her in the box the hob showed but truned and went back i sat back waited 10 mins goes by and no signs of him. then i saw two rabbits hop down a 4 holer just 10 yards away so i walked over and drop one of the jills in and a couple of mins 3 bolted lovly bit further same again .then i saw a rabbit runnin across the field from were the hob was then another i thought that little sod sayed there and pushed them out well to cut to the chase he bolted 6 more rabbits and it took him a good half hour to do it then he come up so 11 came out in total and a good size and to me it showed good workin blood in a line of ferrets and the final tally was 29 bolted not bad for first time out i say and also got permision to clear em of the farmer when he come to me lol

the only problem im having is they will only stay don for a very very short period and im talking 2-3 mins a time then are reluctant to go back in is this because they know there arnt manny rabbits or could it be a shallow warren im not to sure any sujestions thanks??

Could be either a shallow warren or just they know their is no bunnies down :thumbs:

i took a young hob out what came off magwitch and a couple of young jills of my own for the first time the other day very pleased with them enter straight away and bolted well. i must say i was very pleased with the hob that came of magwitch i enter him with one of the jills in a two eyed bury and in no time 5 rabbits bolted the jill came up so i picked her up and put her in the box the hob showed but truned and went back i sat back waited 10 mins goes by and no signs of him. then i saw two rabbits hop down a 4 holer just 10 yards away so i walked over and drop one of the jills in and a couple of mins 3 bolted lovly bit further same again .then i saw a rabbit runnin across the field from were the hob was then another i thought that little sod sayed there and pushed them out well to cut to the chase he bolted 6 more rabbits and it took him a good half hour to do it then he come up so 11 came out in total and a good size and to me it showed good workin blood in a line of ferrets and the final tally was 29 bolted not bad for first time out i say and also got permision to clear em of the farmer when he come to me lol

:D