i have a daihatsu 2.8 diesel .leafspring suspension its 1990 model .in tip top condition and drives very well .and recently went thru a new mot ,with no probs ,its not been used for a year ,and recently on a relatively lond drive the radiator blew ,its perished by the look of it ,ive had another rad put on only temporary by a mate (its of a different model daihatsu ) im waiting on a new rad ,it starts first time and runs very good ,but does boil again after a short time . he says to get a new thermostat with the new rad ,thats easily done ,but will the problem be solved then or will she boil again when shes driven .thanks for any help

If you replace the radiator and thermostat i can see no reason why it should overheat again. Best of luck with it, i wouldnt be without mine.

i agree, i would have thought that would solve the problem, keep us posted on wether it works or not

• Like 1

If you replace the radiator and thermostat i can see no reason why it should overheat again. Best of luck with it, i wouldnt be without mine.

i agree, i would have thought that would solve the problem, keep us posted on wether it works or not

the garage rang me .its knackered ,pity that as it was driving like new ,and its in great nick with a recent mot recent pump and more brand new off road tyres etc .so its going on ebay now as a breaker