It was twangy as hell when I got it. Easy to strip down, got her lubed. Less twangy, changed from super mags to aa fields and superdomes and she's acceptable, with a shunt and slight muffled 'dung', but no where near as good as an SFS one. I don't think a v-mach on its own would cure it, I think Tony must really go in depth and do some work I simply don't have the tools for. He'll be getting some money off me soon, as I can tolerate it, but not live with it as it is presently.

I've owned standard HW95's in the past and SFS tuned HW95s.

The standard is still very good out he box with amazing accuracy but as stated can be a bit twangy for some.

In comparison to a SFS tuned HW95 a standard HW95 is a sub standard rifle. I do not mean this with any disrespect to Weihrauch's standard rifles as they are awesome in their own right and better than almost every other rifle on the market out the box by maybe 2 or 3 other models.

Its just a way of me trying to explain the differences in quality and performance.

Quieter with no twangy noises, smoother, easier to cock, easier to gain brilliant accuracy with and overall a engineering piece of artwork.

Not sure where the HW97 is inferior to the HW95 though Mr Mauders LOL :hmm::nono::feck::icon_redface::laugh: .

All the best

Si.

Edited by zini

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Skot you won't go wrong with a 95K mate, I love mine and possibly the most accurate springer I've ever fired!   Wouldn't swap mine for anything, and I mean anything!   ATB Mawders

Yeah and always involved the Provos and double timing round the drill sqaure. :cray:

Shooting into the neighbours garden!!! I can see why they may dislike you. Oh well at least you learnt from it.   Maybe shooting the furniture isn't such a bad thing after all   Mawders

It was twangy as hell when I got it. Easy to strip down, got her lubed. Less twangy, changed from super mags to aa fields and superdomes and she's acceptable, with a shunt and slight muffled 'dung', but no where near as good as an SFS one. I don't think a v-mach on its own would cure it, I think Tony must really go in depth and do some work I simply don't have the tools for. He'll be getting some money off me soon, as I can tolerate it, but not live with it as it is presently.

The standard is still very good out he box with amazing accuracy but as stated can be a bit twangy for some.

In comparison to a SFS tuned HW95 a standard HW95 is a sub standard rifle. I do not mean this with any disrespect to Weihrauch's standard rifles as they are awesome in their own right and better than almost every other rifle on the market out the box by maybe 2 or 3 other models.

Its just a way of me trying to explain the differences in quality and performance.

Quieter with no twangy noises, smoother, easier to cock, easier to gain brilliant accuracy with and overall a engineering piece of artwork.

Not sure where the HW97 is inferior to the HW95 though Mr Mauders LOL :hmm::nono::feck::icon_redface::laugh: .

All the best

Si.

Agreed. Superb rifle as is, yet ive experienced it after Tonys magic therefore, it can be better.

The 97 is a superb underlever, 95 a superb break barrel.

• Like 1

All the best

Si.

Ha ha Si,

I can assure you that my post might have sounded like I accused all hw97's as inferior, this of course is not true but if you had seen the state of that 97 mr Milegajo had you sure would have agreed with me, twangy, loud, poorly looked after and couldn't hit a barn door at 20 yards, oh wait it could have been the owner shooting it....

Sorry mike but you can stop buying duffers now you have a proper rifle, still won't improve your skill at shooting but it's a good step in the right direction.

ATB

Mawders.

• Like 1

Go for it then Miles buddy and give Tony a call.

Will be the best £75 you have spent on a rifle I bet :yes:.

Just been reading your blogs pal and looking at your photos.

I find it really interesting how you now live mate and in some ways really envy you.

Si.

After reading Mauders post I can see why you seem so happy now Mike with your new 95 :yes: .

When you come to the meet in October lads we will have to do a springer shooting demo that me and Davy can put onto the channel showing different rifles in action at different ranges and on different targets etc.

Its always good to champion the springers cause as so many people still shoot them but there is not that much promotion of them and their true capabilities on YouTube as its almost all PCPs.

Si.

• Like 2

No you want to get Pianoman to do that for you buddy.

He is the true and undisputed springer champion.

If I could shoot one half as good as him I would be 20 times better than I am now.

If he comes to the meet in October you lads are in for a treat.

Si.

Hulk Hogan was always the daddy, Ultimate warrior was just a flash in the pan.

Did you see when Yokozuna beat Bret the hitman Heart then Hulk Hogan came out with all his Hulkamaniacs and smashed Yokozuna to win the heavy weight championship of the world?

I also as you was a huge fan.

I used to wag school to watch it.

A classic.

Ohhhhhh the British bulldog now he was brilliant! The undertaker scared the shit outa me though! When we were based in Belgiam at the NATO base WWF came to town, I was at scouts and the old man fecked off with his mate to watch it without me! I'll never forgive him!

• Like 1

Thanks Si, being as simple as I, a simple life is ideal. If I need dosh for upgrades, I work. Simples.

Mawders, erm, where do I begin? So much tripe! 97 a shed! It and i outshot you.

Buffing boots? Best not comment.

The hulk? Well, I thought hogan was best as the babysitter. I always rooted for the undertaker though.

Where are you living Miles and what's your mobile number?

Pm better me thinks :yes: .

I wouldn't mind popping to see you in a few weeks time if possible for a visit and do some shooting with you and Mawders.

I could bring my tent and stay over a night.

What you say buddy?

Si.

Edited by zini