Sign in to follow this  
open season

clay shooting with 410

Hi i was wondering is it possible to clay shoot with a 410 the reason is i was in york guns today and was looking at a really nice over and under i dont have a shotgun license but was wondering if you can actually shoot clays with a 410

thanks

openseason

my young lad shoot clay with one you want a 3'' chamber i find them abit soft for clays

atb sounder

''

Your better of getting a 12 gauge..that way you are covered for everything..

Learn to shoot with a .410 and you'll be a better shot because of it. Tight patterns and no room for error will make become you a better shot. You'll need deep pockets though!! Its up to you, it can be done though. Atb Mark :thumbs:

tbh your better off finding an equally nice looking 12 bore and you wont have to pay as much and you'll do better with it...and if you want to shoot with tight patterns just stick full and 3/4 choke in

• Like 1

my little lad is learning to shoot with his single barrel .410. he's on easy clays at the minute but first outing today on a slow incomer and he smashed them for fun even with a mighty 12.5 g cart. so yes you can shoot clays with a .410

helen308.jpghelen301.jpg

helen307.jpg

nice pictures of your lad shooting sounds like he is doing well nice one bud and good luck to your lad the 410s are a really nice size gun i think

I do like the 410 myself, although for clay shooting I couldnt say, as I dont shoot clays...

They are a good gun & I have shot a good variety of stuff with my own - There not just for rats as people like to tell you :victory:

fat ferret thinking on getting a 410 for my son to learn about shotguns but want to use it myself how good are they for bunnies and roost shooting and anything else Degsy

I have a old fold up Belgium 410 shoot plenty rabbits an roosting pigeons and the odd walked up pheasant I can't hit anything flighting but that might just be me

I have a hushpower 410 and I use it on rabbits pigeons crows rats. I am introducing my girlfriend to shooting and she is using this on clays and she is hitting them no problem! If she carrys on improving I am going to start getting worried. Only downside is the price of cartridges.

Really underestimated caliber,I grew up with them,never been without one used all three cartridge sizes,superb first gun, I learnt to shoot with one, I always take one ferreting.Before the lead ban I have used them on the side of a small flight pond,during the miners strike the 410 kept food on our table,nothing but fond memories of the little 410