Teckels

I spoke to John and he told me his son had bitch pup up for sale because of a cancellation so i contacted him and after a few questions he emailed back sayin they were happy for me to have the bitch, i got my hopes up and started plannin the journey to go up and pick the bitch up and then got another email saying they were sorry but they had been contacted by the person who cancelled in the first place and were giving the pup to them.

Not the way I would have gone about things if i had the pup for sale but oh well...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought so what there ignorant little yappy shit's there slow your forever dragging them out of holes when your trying to draw cover they never put enough pressure on anything and you need a load to

I wouldnt own 1 and ive seen 3 packs of them and a few bobbery packs with them in so possible around the 30 to 40 mark ive seen, the best laugh i had with them was with a smallish pack think the fella

Why on earth would i want 1 there is far better hounds and dogs out there that can do a better job than them

Thought so

Thought so what :laugh: there ignorant little yappy shit's there slow your forever dragging them out of holes when your trying to draw cover they never put enough pressure on anything and you need a load to even get stuff out the smallest bit of cover they are useless in really thick stuff and they have the brain of a potato you are forever lifting them over obstacles and if they come to a river they are as much use as tit's on a fish i wouldnt own 1 if you posted it through my letterbox with a bow on :laugh:
  • Like 1

Good little workers ( from working stock),

The only drawback is leg length in snow or heather etc.

That they are unintelligent,weak or lack bottle and nose I put down as utter rubbish which I suppose could be written about any breed ?

I would be interested to hear of the wealth of experience you have gathered working these dogs hedz?

Hedz - do you own one? What were you working it on? How old is the dog? What's it's breeding? Was it part of a team?

Everything you have typed is at odds with my experience - so i am just curious as to what you abasing your opinion on.

I wouldnt own 1 and ive seen 3 packs of them and a few bobbery packs with them in so possible around the 30 to 40 mark ive seen, the best laugh i had with them was with a smallish pack think the fella ran about 11 or 12 of them we were hunting a river bank with them with abit of an incline they got on a fox and it ran along the river bank and was in the next county by the time they even got to the end of the bank were it leveled out they kept falling into the river and couldnt get back out :laugh: the edge of the bank they kept falling in was not even a foot from the water and the river was not deep but they kept going right near the edge and falling in and the fella who was hunting them had to keep going down and jumping in and lifting them back out then the whole lot dropped in i think it took half hour for them to work a 300 yrd long bank :laugh: ive seen them mixed in with small hound crosses beagle/terrier's and they made the teckels look poor as well they dont pack very well very independent and do there own thing what i saw and they were a pain in the arse for trying to get in every hole they came across when they were drawing brambles i found them very frustrating slow and poor compared to hounds and hound crosses and the price tag that goes with them is pure stupid :thumbs:
  • Like 1

Good little workers ( from working stock),

The only drawback is leg length in snow or heather etc.

That they are unintelligent,weak or lack bottle and nose I put down as utter rubbish which I suppose could be written about any breed ?

I would be interested to hear of the wealth of experience you have gathered working these dogs hedz?

Why on earth would i want 1 there is far better hounds and dogs out there that can do a better job than them ;)
  • Like 1