cheaper insurance

We have been insured with the national gamekeepers organisaton (NGO) since it was formed i personaly wouldn't go shooting without insurance all it takes is a richochet and anything can happen also a lot of my permissions where we ferret and shoot rightly insist on insurance

Just got the NGO renewal through £35 not the end of the world i know but i thought i would shop around and found the COUNTRY COVER CLUB it covers us for exactly the same as what the NGO does and thats £24.95p each you don't get the gimicks like the glossy mag every 3 months or the big tent at the game fairs but who cares all we want is good insurance cover

How much do other members pay for insurance ?

I'm with BASC because it's not just about insurance for me. Their firearms department helped me with a variation that I wouldn't have to without them, plus their legal advice & cover is second to none. Their cover is also on of "first resort" which means they pay out direct. Many ofthe cheaper ones will try and claim against other policy you have (house insurance etc).

Because of the political campaigning and lobbying to protect the future of Fieldsports, I would only ever go with BASC, CA or NGO (for a brief while I was a supporter of all three, but it costs too much in the current climate)

So who's better NGO or BASC??

I'm going to be joining one of them at Weston Park and as good as their respective sales pitches are I'd rather hear it from a person who has had dealings with them...

I'm not too fussed on saving 4 quid a year or whatever I'm just looking for the best possible cover for circa £30 per anum.

Obviosuly looking for Personnel cover / property damage which will cover Shotgun, Rifle and feldsports such as ferreting and using lurchers.

What would you guys recommend...

I'm with BASC because it's not just about insurance for me. Their firearms department helped me with a variation that I wouldn't have to without them, plus their legal advice & cover is second to none. Their cover is also on of "first resort" which means they pay out direct. Many ofthe cheaper ones will try and claim against other policy you have (house insurance etc).

Because of the political campaigning and lobbying to protect the future of Fieldsports, I would only ever go with BASC, CA or NGO (for a brief while I was a supporter of all three, but it costs too much in the current climate)

I'm not sure who told you that BASC offers 'Legal Cover' but you are very sadly wrong,they offer absolutely no legal cover at all !

So who's better NGO or BASC??

I'm going to be joining one of them at Weston Park and as good as their respective sales pitches are I'd rather hear it from a person who has had dealings with them...

I'm not too fussed on saving 4 quid a year or whatever I'm just looking for the best possible cover for circa £30 per anum.

Obviosuly looking for Personnel cover / property damage which will cover Shotgun, Rifle and feldsports such as ferreting and using lurchers.

What would you guys recommend...

You should look at SACS mate especially at that sort of price,cos BASC is £70+ although I am not sure about NGO....SACS is a very good organisation and also includes 'Legal Cover' have a real good read before making your mind up.

Martin