Hows the moult going lads??

furgle

Well it wont be long now for most people and the seasons training shall begin :)

Whats everyone flying this season also what quarry will it be flown at ??

Cant forget pictures lads lol

I will be flying a female harris this season with the intended quarry of you guessed it rabbits and maybe a hare or two if she is brave enough lol

Here's Fidgit just before the moult I cant wait to see her with a new set of feathers especially from juvi to adult plumage. Last seasons flying weights was starting at about 2lb 5 and I will see what I can up that too once shes fit and hunting

IMG00234-20120506-1603.jpg

Atb

Ross

Edited by furgle

Both harris's are nearly done moulting. ( Bacchus mhh flew dead on 1 lb and cass fhh just at 2lb at the end of the season )

Both to be flown at rabbit,pheasant etc etc

The spar ( ruby) is just pushing her new tail ( about bloody time too!!)

To be flown at magpies mainly.

Waidmannsheil

Both harris's are nearly done moulting. ( Bacchus mhh flew dead on 1 lb and cass fhh just at 2lb at the end of the season )

Waidmannsheil

Waidmannsheil

Nice mate well my girls moult started fine but due to new noisy neighbours I wont be surprised if shes showing a few threat marks on her feathers :( but nothing serious so :)

Edited by furgle

Mine can see out of the weathering on all sides mate, neighbours gardening/ hanging out washing and having a barbecue lol

They will have a moan if it gets too much but it keeps them occupied I think.

Both in top fettle.

Looking forward to getting them pulled,coped,kitted out and the manning started again.

The spar is first out I think, when she is hunting I will pull the other two.

My male harris is about done a been droping his weight slowly for about 2 weeks and hes responding well at 1lb6.4/5..... Should be getting him out by the end of next week to get his fitness up,il be going after rabbit mainly but i will be trying to get cock phessie this season,had 2 near missis last season :cray: ....Im going to try my hardest with him this season

Yeah there shouldnt be any problem mate and shes not got far to go now I cant wait to get her pulled put some new kit on her and get her on those bunnies lol

Edited by furgle