swarovski V kahles

Hi

I am thinking about buying either a Kahles Cbx 2 - 12 x 56 or a Swarovski Z4i 2.5 - 10 x 56 scope.

I wondered if any one had either of these scopes and their opinions on either one /

I have nt had the chance to see either one as yet and i know it could be down to personal preference to which one wins it.

I think i am right in saying that they are mad in the same factory as Swarovski but is there much difference in quality or performance or would i be paying that little bit extra for the Swarovski name!

Nick

hi nick i have a swarovski z6i and it is outstanding.if you can aford it pal why not.i have owned many leupolds and i have a nightforce but the swaro wins hands down.mainly the fire dot.for me it helps a lot when target shooting or hunting.i doubt you are near leicester but your welcome to have a play if you are.

I would recommend Kahles CBX for dusk or dawn use over Z4i. CBX has first focal plane reticle (better for low light) and has a lot less tunnel vision at lower magnifications than Z4i. I also dont like the illumination button on Swarovski Z4i since it feels very fragile.

If you buy Swarovski go with Z6i and you will not regret it. Z4i on the other hand is not the best scope they made in my opinion.

Other option in this segment I would also consider in your place is the new Zeiss Victory HT.

• 2 weeks later...

I have four Khales scopes two fixed mag two vari mag and they are very good, i also have a 6-18-50 swaro wich is on a 243 and that takes some beating but my s/bs are worth a look at it depends what you want to put it on and what your going to shoot, when you get into this type of glass thay are very much alike. Woodydog.

• 2 weeks later...