Ferrets and Fish

I've a lot of stocked trout in my freezer from months ago which have already been gutted and cleaned out. I've never fed fish to the ferrets before and am wondering would it be it ok to give these to the ferrets. If so do they have to be filleted or can i just put them in, bones and all. Many thanks. Daz

I've a lot of stocked trout in my freezer from months ago which have already been gutted and cleaned out. I've never fed fish to the ferrets before and am wondering would it be it ok to give these to the ferrets. If so do they have to be filleted or can i just put them in, bones and all. Many thanks. Daz

just chuck them in mate, i fed mine on pike for years :thumbs:

I've given mine all sorts of fish over the years from mackerel to dogfish. They love them, only thing is remembering to hold your nose when you're cleaning the shite out afterwards! :laugh::thumbs:

yeah,prepair yourself for a nose burning when its cleaning time..i give mine a bit of cod liver oil now and then mixed with scrambled egg.gives them the same nutrients without the smell

give mine cod liver oil aswell just of a tea spoon they love it keeps a good shiny healthy coat on them :victory: