Rabbit Oddity

I was dressing out some rabbits I shot as they started the harvest and came across this young fella.........its a young rabbit of the year and I can only assume it lost it's lugs as a little un when they were cutting silage. The ears are completely healed over so couldn't have been done this harvest as they only started a couple of days agao......! Interesting anyway....!

post-12022-0-23876400-1343766542.jpg

when i was a kid my dad ran a rabbit over in a old austin j4 van he let the dog out to find it. the dog did and it was caught alive but its ears was clean off to at least half way down,he bled like a bustard you,we thought they got cut by the fan or somethin,could these rabbits be austin j4 r.t.a's think about it cars hit ears clean off just a thought rolfe? :laugh:

Had the same last week, a young buck both ears perfectly sliced level...

Boo2247129.jpg

The wounds were not new and the silage had only just been cut. As Micky said, most likely to be other rabbits, I'm sure i heard somewhere the does sometimes do it with young in the nest?

when i was a kid my dad ran a rabbit over in a old austin j4 van he let the dog out to find it. the dog did and it was caught alive but its ears was clean off to at least half way down,he bled like a bustard you,we thought they got cut by the fan or somethin,could these rabbits be austin j4 r.t.a's think about it cars hit ears clean off just a thought rolfe? :laugh:

rabbits are obvious choice but i expect your summizing on non rabbit chewed,some rambo has a rabbit ear necklace somewhere,if not chewed,shot,grasscutters,cars,what else? great post amazed so many photo it.