Walnut stock help?

Hi guys,

Just a quick one, I have an s410 with a walnut stock, and the wood feels really dry to the touch. So I thought that I wood get some sort of wood oil to treat it with. I have noticed that in my local gun shop they have a couple of different types of walnut oil especially for this but I don't no which is the best one for the job? or if they are both the same? all help is appreciated.

ATB Si

Hi 77Si.

CCL Gunstock Conditioning oil is worth a look at.

Use sparingly and work into the wood using the palm of your hand to rub it in and generate heat.

Also English walnut oil by Phillips game Technology.

Some use Walnut oil in its natural state, but it does not have the driers etc in it, so can remain sticky, inside and outside of the wood.

Boiled linceed is ok to use.

ATB.

Bill.

Hi SI . You need some CCL conditioning oil . A VERY small amount on your hands , the less the better . Rub your hands together untill its warm and work it into the wood . DONT , leave it on to soak in , you must work it in . Once done run over with a lint free cloth . Do it a once a month for the next 3 months .

PS This gun has had CCL on before , so stay with that mate .

Edited by Buster321c

Rub it down with .0000 wire wool, then cover it in boiled linseed oil and rub in with your hands. Leave to dry over night then repeat again till you have the desired finish.

I did my Pro Sport like this, it looks amazing.

Hi 77Si.

CCL Gunstock Conditioning oil is worth a look at.

Use sparingly and work into the wood using the palm of your hand to rub it in and generate heat.

Also English walnut oil by Phillips game Technology.

Some use Walnut oil in its natural state, but it does not have the driers etc in it, so can remain sticky, inside and outside of the wood.

Boiled linceed is ok to use.

ATB.

Bill.

Natural/Raw Walnut oil works well on my HW and Hatsan Bill, just remember a little on the cloth, worked well in, then polish, leave overnight, works brilliantly, trouble is you do have to hide it from the avid chefs....

Take care when using Linseed oil, it can oxidise on the cloth and start a fire. Burnt down an Ink plant in Harlow that. I did warn the damned fools to use granules and a separate bin to put Linseed spills in, they used rags, placed them in the used rag bin, fire started, plant gone!

Edited by secretagentmole

I appreciate all the help fellas.

I decided to go with the ccl conditioning oil in the end as it has been used on rifle before.

I will get some pics on when I have finished.

Cheers Si

Edited by 77 si