HAWKE ENDURANCE 30. IR. 3-9X42 riflescope.

Gentlemen.

I've just aquired the above scope from Redbeck Shooting Supplies Wakefield.

Seems a very nice, small, lightweight and compact optic, with a "German Post and Four " or European 4A reticle, with an illuminated dot which I really like,

It's no longer made by Hawke and Deben have removed it from their lists. However, I think it will sit nicely with my TX200 MkIII .22 rifle for medium range hunting in low light around the 25 to 35 metre mark.

I just wondered if anyone among us has had experience of, or, still owns one of these and what they might think of them?

Simon

Hi Andy.

I'm away here at Helen's till next Monday. But we can sort out a meet-up next week after?

I know you'll like this scope mate. Reminds me of that sweet little Luger scope you had. :thumbs:

Simon

I use a hawke endurance 3-10x44 on my hw97k after moving it from my s16 because I hardly use the s16 anymore due to the hw97k. Only problem I found is it could do with an ao I was shooting ferals in the roof for the farm in one of his out buildings and picture quality wasn't great saying that it was shooting at five yards in dark lighting. It still got the job done

• Like 1

Hi Lewis.

I've found this model of mine is not quite well focused at short ranges on full mag till you get to about 30-metres range, after playing about with the reticle focus ring on the eyebell. Below that range you need to use lower mag settings like 6 to get the most benefit. And it won't rangefind or correct paralax shift so, you have to ensure your eye's line of sight through the tube and reticle is centred correctly.

But once you find the best focus and set it on 6xmag it provides a beautifully crisp sightpicture at all ranges. I'm itching to give it a proper hunting session on my TX200 .22 rifle. :thumbs:

Regards.

Simon

• Like 1
  • 6 years later...

It`s enjoying the ride on your old 97 .177  Simon.

I am presently looking at the Hawke l4 reticle scopes for my classic 77 and FWB Sports 127, 124.

Old post, i know but very relative.

The L4 reticle is deadly accurate but i`m looking at the extra three mill dots in the range, coupled up with a light weight .177 pellet, i suspect some very good groupings/ bags.

Lovely hunting reticle, take a look on Hawke scopes Reticles l4 dot.

IMG_1149.JPG.220da69559a56d6c8eb89090a3c12b44.JPG

atb  Mark.

I bought the 5-15 x 50 version earlier this year and popped it on my rimmy. Very very pleased with it and I have found I can go much longer into the evening gloom without NV using this scope. Very crisp image and mainly using x8 mag, only wish I had bought two Simon while there was £100 off the price, then one for the Impact fac and the other staying on the rimmy. 

Only down side is that it could do with a sun shade for the Nitesite add-on because it get a slight flair of IR light and with a shade it would be perfect.

Phil