LURCHERS AND BIG CATS

Ever took a close look at the similarities between lurchers and cheetas for example, when my two are stalking prey its just like watching a cheetah, they only move forward when the prey is not tensed up or on the lookout, my lurcher even has a favourite vantage point in one place i hunt in the shape of a fallen tree. Now ive read loads of theories on the subject of certain cats and dogs evolving fron the same genus but over thousands of years along different lines, example being, what was the purpose of dew claws in dogs. Your theories would be interesting. YIS KIC.

look up convergent evolution, this the name given to an evolutionary process where two unrelated species become similar in appearance, habits etc because they fill a similar ecological niche. by this i mean they evolve to hunt the same prey in similar habitat, or feed on similar plants, or whatever so they need the same physical tools and skills to achieve this. an example would be the recently extinct Tasmanian tiger, very dog-like in appearance and habits but totally unrelated