Lab Pups came early

Fern seemed hot and had a bit of discharge, so Mrs Dave C took her to the vets because we thought she might have an infection, her pups were not due for over a week so better safe than sorry.

The vet could not hear any heart beats so off to the main vet in the town she went for a scan, but the wife feared the worst at that point.

The scan showed 3 pups and the vet said she may have a slight infection and gave her antibiotics but said it was nothing serious as she wes well off her labour and everything seemed normal, the wife was surprised at only 3 pups as Fern was huge but you have to take what the vets say.

When she got Fern home 20 mins later she had her first pup on the kitchen floor, she then over the next 4 hours gave birth to 11 strong healthy pups (what do vets know anyway),

Here are some pics at 1 week old

DSCF3686.jpg

DSCF3690.jpg

DSCF3692.jpg

All are doing really well although they did catch us on the hop a bit.

Has anyone else had an early litter?

ATB

Dave.

• Like 3

Hi Sam, yes i had 3 sold before i got her lined but as i will be keeping one myself i have not let anyone pick any yet.

But she did have 11 so there is still plenty to sell.

ATB

Dave.

Edited by Dave C

Thanks hilly, was on a fox drive on our shoot over the weekend before the birds come, one of the lads off the shoot wants one now.

So that is 5 pups including mine going to working homes, haven't even advertised them yet so very happy.

• Like 1

My bitch is out of FTCH Cardy Keas of Shadowbrae, who can be seen on the Shadowbrae website and DVD, there is also a lot of Leadburn in his pedigree.

The Dog i used is Open FTW Delfleet Huckleberry who's sire was FTCH Millcottage Pathfinder who also won the International Gundog League.

Between my bitch and the Sire they have 51 FTCH between them in their 5 generation pedigrees and almost everything else are FTW

Both hard hunting working dogs working Beating line, Picking up and Rough shooting.

Selling dogs £400 got 4 black, 1 yellow

Bitches £450 got 2 black, 4 yellow.

PM me if you want any more info pal.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Dave, My mates looking for a dog pup, What hip scores are the sire and dam. He had just got a dog trained up for this season and had to have it put to sleep due to ongoing hip problems at just 18 months old. (He bought the pup from wales without papers!!)