• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

going back to school in sept, access course at collage for a year then hopefully social work at uni. counseling or law if i dont get in to the social work.

I did the above 12years ago, first tested the waters by working in adult residential and never looked back since, been to college then onto uni and now work with young people , rather put me work time

Live in the woods. I basically retired at 25. Own my home outright (£150 secondhand caravan). Either amass money to meet expenses. Or minimise expenses to meet your money. I'm a jack of all trades, m

Live in the woods. I basically retired at 25. Own my home outright (£150 secondhand caravan). Either amass money to meet expenses. Or minimise expenses to meet your money.

I'm a jack of all trades, master of none and couldn't be happier. Humans didn't evolve to do one job only.

I'm an animal, not a robot.

retired at 25 sounds like you`ve not even started yet .... :D

Well, semi retired. I've developed a rather expensive airgun addiction...

Live in the woods. I basically retired at 25. Own my home outright (£150 secondhand caravan). Either amass money to meet expenses. Or minimise expenses to meet your money.

I'm a jack of all trades, master of none and couldn't be happier. Humans didn't evolve to do one job only.

O right i get it, dont pay mortgage/rent - so you just do wee jobs for money when you need it..

Not a bad way of living that.

If your young enough, do a computer science course. Try to get into the security industry, preferably working for the mod.

Employed you would be on 50k a year, if you went as a contractor you would be on 3 times that.

Women mechanics? Whats that all about :laugh: I think everyone here knows that a womens job is a proffesional washer upper... :tongue2:

plasterer 30 years an got f**k all to show for it except a bad back an hands like a well used saddle,,, oh near forgot id still go to the plastering had some laughs along the way

Edited by Hitcher

O right i get it, dont pay mortgage/rent - so you just do wee jobs for money when you need it..

I think so, but the roofers I've been working with say they wouldn't be able to gut a rabbit much less exist without an xbox...opened my eyes a bit. what a world eh.

I think so, but the roofers I've been working with say they wouldn't be able to gut a rabbit much less exist without an xbox...opened my eyes a bit. what a world eh.

:laugh: :laugh: Well IT IS a life of luxury in my eyes :thumbs:

going back to school in sept, access course at collage for a year then hopefully social work at uni. counseling or law if i dont get in to the social work.

Oh ffs!!............Look out... :laugh:

i've just left school last month on a gamekeepers course for 2 years then when i hit 18 joining the fire service and run it along side another job

Not being funny but why are you doing the gamekeeping course if you want to join the Fire Service? And have you looked into being a fire fighter......its not a walk in the park and thousands get turned away... :yes: I really thought my mate who came out the Black Watch would have sailed in but he never........wasn't fitness as he runs marathons now. I'm not knocking you by the way just letting you know its not all plain sailing getting in... :thumbs:

I'll just edit this as he was in the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards and would kill me for saying he was in the Black Watch.............. :laugh:

Edited by lab-tastic
  • Like 1

I have worked full time since leaving school and have only recently decided on a career change, i am now training to be a horse riding instructor and working towards my diploma in horse riding and horse-care/stable management which hopefully will set me off in the right direction for the future. Life is what you make of it so having a career you enjoy is important :)

Was thinking bot hgv licenses but read up and that seems like its not as easy as made out to be...i was looking at locksmith course few months back but its alot of money and no official certification in the country

hgv licence a good idea ive been treatning to do it for years. my father driving trucks all his life and as bad as thngs are gone he always has work one way or another

I would try learning a job that will always be in demand.

Funeral directer / undertaker.

Midwife?

Im seriously looking into becomeing an undertaker.. Good money in embalming :)

I had previously considered becomeing a butcher but money isnt brilliant :(

& slaughterhouses are full of polish and pakis so fook that

Renewable Energy seems a good choice of career. Solar panels are going up everywhere now. As they get cheaper and more efficient, more and more buildings are going to have them. There are courses for Estimators and Installers. I'm long since retired, but managed to wangle myself onto both courses, as I'm thinking of converting my house to Solar Power. Far cheaper to source the materials and do it myself ! :thumbs:

Cheers.