The teenage generation of today.

Bla bla bla this shits been said for years. Were your parents calling you the hard working generation? Do you honestly think generations and generations before you haven't also been saying this? It's up there on the cliché level of 'kids have no respect these days' and 'all the old timers are dying out'

I'm 21 and have been self employed since I was 19, with a gardening business. Before that I worked 50 hours a week as a groundsman/bailiff for a fishery. I have various friends that do similar and work very hard. I know lazy c**ts my age, I know lazy c**ts who are 40.

It is just confirmation bias. People ignore all the young people working hard and earning a living and notice the ones on the dole! People see and notice all the hard working guys your age and forget the lazy b*****ds!

atb,

HJ

Edited to add, The job centre probably isn't a great place to find good people imo. Try putting an ad on Gumtree or similar. I have had young guys working for me who have been great. Sorry if I have come across angry, didn't mean to. Just you only ever hear negativity about young people, never positives (which I think there are plenty!)

spot on mate :yes: my eldest daughter was 17 last week and for the last 12 mths shes been training to become a paediatric nurse,which means she leaves the house at half 6 mon-thurs to get into her placement work for 7,she gets home at half 5,fridays she gets the bus at half 7 and travels 15 miles to college and she also has a saturday job in a bakery,8-3,and im yet to hear her moan once about anything but like hob an jill said,nobody notices the grafting teenagers :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

worked all your life, even working down the pits and your still having to graft at 68 yr old what a fecking joke,you should be on a beach somewhere,enjoying your retirement,it sounds like youve earne

Bla bla bla this shits been said for years. Were your parents calling you the hard working generation? Do you honestly think generations and generations before you haven't also been saying this? It's

Here is my take on it , kids now are in a no win situation if your lucky to be brought up in an enviroment were your family have jobs and all around you are grafters you have a stable up bringing

Posted Images

Not all the same, some folks genuinely want to work, but there are some real bone fuckers about, and i live amongst em, 31 years this coming christmas, i woke up christmas morning to find my 34 yr old wife had passed on in her sleep, left me wi 2 girls, i still went to work full time, this country has had it, no respect, nobody gives a f**k, spineless weak germs in government, look after number 1 now in life thats me,

off out wi dogs bollocks to it

hats off to ya mate,you sound like a bloke an half :yes: now i really do hope you win the lotto :thumbs:

68 year old chap here, fit as feck, pension goes nowhere, living, or should i say existing on life savings, worked all my life mostly down the pits of Lancashire, im after a part time job, owt considered im not proud, did some gardening work last year for a few quid in my hand, fuel bills is whats pushing me for work, and i will find it

gizza job

Last part time work, entailed getting up at 3 am, factory cleaner, before day staff turned up

worked all your life, even working down the pits and your still having to graft at 68 yr old :icon_eek: what a fecking joke,you should be on a beach somewhere,enjoying your retirement,it sounds like youve earned it :yes: this countrys fecked,i hope you win the lotto mate :thumbs:

Dont get me wrong pal, im not short, but to have some standard of a decent life, im using life savings

Theres no pockets in a shroud..what are you supposed to do with life saveings leave it to your kids to pish up the wall

68 year old chap here, fit as feck, pension goes nowhere, living, or should i say existing on life savings, worked all my life mostly down the pits of Lancashire, im after a part time job, owt considered im not proud, did some gardening work last year for a few quid in my hand, fuel bills is whats pushing me for work, and i will find it

gizza job

Last part time work, entailed getting up at 3 am, factory cleaner, before day staff turned up

Have you thought about putting a few adverts around shops local to you advertising gardening? Think you would be surprised how much interest you may get. A lot of people want say 4 hours a fortnight to keep there gardens tidy and ticking over. Can charge a minimum of £13 an hour. I find I get quite a lot of work as some people don't want anything too formal i.e. a big garden maintenance company with lots of employees. Less intimidating to have a single guy they get to know and trust come every now and again. Don't need that many regular jobs to keep busy. Its got to beat getting up at 3am to clean someone else's factory :victory:

atb,

HJ

• Like 1

gizza job

Have you thought about putting a few adverts around shops local to you advertising gardening? Think you would be surprised how much interest you may get. A lot of people want say 4 hours a fortnight to keep there gardens tidy and ticking over. Can charge a minimum of £13 an hour. I find I get quite a lot of work as some people don't want anything too formal i.e. a big garden maintenance company with lots of employees. Less intimidating to have a single guy they get to know and trust come every now and again. Don't need that many regular jobs to keep busy. Its got to beat getting up at 3am to clean someone else's factory :victory:

atb,

HJ

13 pound an hour ffs tony blair dosnt get that lol. :laugh:
  • Like 1

I find that most of the lazy fcuker's don't realise what they can earn, they think it is still £25 a day, for labouring on a site, you can earn, must be average £80 a day now, i would rather be out and working than hanging about doing nothing.

gizza job

atb,

HJ

13 pound an hour ffs tony blair dosnt get that lol. :laugh:

Minimum. I have a couple still on £13 an hour but new jobs is between £14.50-16.50 an hour depending on how loaded they seem. Most of the RHS guys around me wont work for less than £18.50 an hour.

I find that most of the lazy fcuker's don't realise what they can earn, they think it is still £25 a day, for labouring on a site, you can earn, must be average £80 a day now, i would rather be out and working than hanging about doing nothing.

Then the government go and take £20 of that, the c*nts haha

Richard

Richard

how do you work that out 20 of 80 ?
  • Like 1

Here is my take on it , kids now are in a no win situation if your lucky to be brought up in an enviroment were your family have jobs and all around you are grafters you have a stable up bringing in most cases , you go to work and learn respect of your elders picking up life skills on the way , after the de industrialisation. Of theis nation and the several decades of thatches rule there ain't no more life schools. Mass unemployment brought. The generations. Of the dole. Past on to the next creating generations. In family's that could not work turning into did not not want to work , it's not half the kids fault. It's all are faults for allowing. Society. To. Go down the pan , Then Blair , and we blame the kids lol lol

Very sensible post and straight to the point...but as Wilfy would say "get on yer bike" :yes: .....most jobs for kids now are McD's or something similar short term with very little prospects...our building industry is dead....very few jobs now were you follow in your fathers foot steps. :bye:

Richard

how do you work that out 20 of 80 ?

It was just a joke....

But I'd rather the gov didn't take the amount they do from my pay!

Richard