The teenage generation of today.

Went up to the job centre to place a ad for full time person to work with myself in my business, Had loads of replys but when it came to the interview process i could not belive my eyes and the nerve of the young generation. One 18yr old asked me that if he got the job can i pick him up at 11.00 instead of 8.00 as he works better after he has had a good night sleep. And another one asked me for a pay rise at the interview and could he have a week in advance before he started. Has anyone else had any experience of this? Ive now employed a 61yr old guy and i must admit he is keen as ever. What is wrong with the youngsters of today. :hmm:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

worked all your life, even working down the pits and your still having to graft at 68 yr old what a fecking joke,you should be on a beach somewhere,enjoying your retirement,it sounds like youve earne

Bla bla bla this shits been said for years. Were your parents calling you the hard working generation? Do you honestly think generations and generations before you haven't also been saying this? It's

Here is my take on it , kids now are in a no win situation if your lucky to be brought up in an enviroment were your family have jobs and all around you are grafters you have a stable up bringing

Posted Images

A lot of people who's parents are/were absolutely useless, and couldn't teach themself manners and common sense never mind their kids. Half the people that go on these interviews deliberately sabotage them to keep claiming benefits as they have to show they are looking for work. This country is finished, there's no going back or reversing the damage that's been done for years now. We'll see how the end game plays out...

• Like 6

Here is my take on it , kids now are in a no win situation if your lucky to be brought up in an enviroment were your family have jobs and all around you are grafters you have a stable up bringing in most cases , you go to work and learn respect of your elders picking up life skills on the way , after the de industrialisation. Of theis nation and the several decades of thatches rule there ain't no more life schools. Mass unemployment brought. The generations. Of the dole. Past on to the next creating generations. In family's that could not work turning into did not not want to work , it's not half the kids fault. It's all are faults for allowing. Society. To. Go down the pan , Then Blair , and we blame the kids lol lol

Edited by gonetoearth
  • Like 8

Bla bla bla this shits been said for years. Were your parents calling you the hard working generation? Do you honestly think generations and generations before you haven't also been saying this? It's up there on the cliché level of 'kids have no respect these days' and 'all the old timers are dying out'

I'm 21 and have been self employed since I was 19, with a gardening business. Before that I worked 50 hours a week as a groundsman/bailiff for a fishery. I have various friends that do similar and work very hard. I know lazy c**ts my age, I know lazy c**ts who are 40.

It is just confirmation bias. People ignore all the young people working hard and earning a living and notice the ones on the dole! People see and notice all the hard working guys your age and forget the lazy b*****ds!

atb,

HJ

Edited to add, The job centre probably isn't a great place to find good people imo. Try putting an ad on Gumtree or similar. I have had young guys working for me who have been great. Sorry if I have come across angry, didn't mean to. Just you only ever hear negativity about young people, never positives (which I think there are plenty!)

Edited by Hob&Jill
  • Like 10

Bla bla bla this shits been said for years. Were your parents calling you the hard working generation? Do you honestly think generations and generations before you haven't also been saying this? It's up there on the cliché level of 'kids have no respect these days' and 'all the old timers are dying out'

I'm 21 and have been self employed since I was 19, with a gardening business. Before that I worked 50 hours a week as a groundsman/bailiff for a fishery. I have various friends that do similar and work very hard. I know lazy c**ts my age, I know lazy c**ts who are 40.

It is just confirmation bias. People ignore all the young people working hard and earning a living and notice the ones on the dole! People see and notice all the hard working guys your age and forget the lazy b*****ds!

atb,

HJ

Edited to add, The job centre probably isn't a great place to find good people imo. Try putting an ad on Gumtree or similar. I have had young guys working for me who have been great. Sorry if I have come across angry, didn't mean to. Just you only ever hear negativity about young people, never positives (which I think there are plenty!)

well said young man and good luck to you GTE

Went up to the job centre to place a ad for full time person to work with myself in my business, Had loads of replys but when it came to the interview process i could not belive my eyes and the nerve of the young generation. One 18yr old asked me that if he got the job can i pick him up at 11.00 instead of 8.00 as he works better after he has had a good night sleep. And another one asked me for a pay rise at the interview and could he have a week in advance before he started. Has anyone else had any experience of this? Ive now employed a 61yr old guy and i must admit he is keen as ever. What is wrong with the youngsters of today. :hmm:

its cause the dont want the job,,,,but they have to be seen looking and going on odd interveiw,,,or there benifits get hit

know loads off folk ,inpast did this when job centre was forcing them back to work,,,trust me them boys know how to act,,,they would win an oscar

I'm with Hob & Jill on this one. Started working the week I left school, worked every day off & evening through college & uni ( 2 degrees don't come cheap!) so I could pay my own way, did crap factory jobs for an agency for a year or so when I left and basically grafted until I got where I wanted to be. Yeh, there's a lot of dossers out there, but it's not just limited to one generation.

68 year old chap here, fit as feck, pension goes nowhere, living, or should i say existing on life savings, worked all my life mostly down the pits of Lancashire, im after a part time job, owt considered im not proud, did some gardening work last year for a few quid in my hand, fuel bills is whats pushing me for work, and i will find it

gizza job

Last part time work, entailed getting up at 3 am, factory cleaner, before day staff turned up

Edited by iworkwhippets
  • Like 2

I'm with Hob & Jill on this one. Started working the week I left school, worked every day off & evening through college & uni ( 2 degrees don't come cheap!) so I could pay my own way, did crap factory jobs for an agency for a year or so when I left and basically grafted until I got where I wanted to be. Yeh, there's a lot of dossers out there, but it's not just limited to one generation.

. Think your missing the point bud this has been a long drawn out decline in are society. Mid 70s thru the 80s boom bust economy. Then mass Immergration it's. A political time bomb the blue touch paper. Has been lit. How big will the bang be !!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

68 year old chap here, fit as feck, pension goes nowhere, living, or should i say existing on life savings, worked all my life mostly down the pits of Lancashire, im after a part time job, owt considered im not proud, did some gardening work last year for a few quid in my hand, fuel bills is whats pushing me for work, and i will find it

gizza job

Last part time work, entailed getting up at 3 am, factory cleaner, before day staff turned up

worked all your life, even working down the pits and your still having to graft at 68 yr old :icon_eek: what a fecking joke,you should be on a beach somewhere,enjoying your retirement,it sounds like youve earned it :yes: this countrys fecked,i hope you win the lotto mate :thumbs:

• Like 10

That's because your picking from the dregs and dross of society..

Plenty of hard working young people out there, you've just got to look further than the job centre.. ;)

I had a week between leaving school at 18 and going into full time employment as an avionic technician.

Richard

• Like 2

Not all the same, some folks genuinely want to work, but there are some real bone fuckers about, and i live amongst em, 31 years this coming christmas, i woke up christmas morning to find my 34 yr old wife had passed on in her sleep, left me wi 2 girls, i still went to work full time, this country has had it, no respect, nobody gives a f**k, spineless weak germs in government, look after number 1 now in life thats me,

off out wi dogs bollocks to it

• Like 3

gizza job

worked all your life, even working down the pits and your still having to graft at 68 yr old :icon_eek: what a fecking joke,you should be on a beach somewhere,enjoying your retirement,it sounds like youve earned it :yes: this countrys fecked,i hope you win the lotto mate :thumbs:

Dont get me wrong pal, im not short, but to have some standard of a decent life, im using life savings