Vets advice "get the tick drunk!"

Had a tick right inside a kits ear that I had to remove.

I went to the vets today to get the tool, and they told me to soak put spirits on the tick, whisky, vodka etc, and cover it for at least 10 seconds. It gets the tick drunk and its easier to remove. A sloshed tick cant cling on as well as a sober one haha.

I soaked tissue in scotch and held it over the tick for about 10 secs, then successfully removed it with the tool, very easily. Good tip.

I tried to post this on the "ferrets and ticks" sticky thread but its locked.

A little bit of nail varnish remover dabbed on a cotton bud and then rubbed around the tick is the best way of insuring that the tick falls off your animal with the head and mouth parts intact.

And this way you don't have to dip into your best bottle of scotch, LOL.

• Like 2

A little bit of nail varnish remover dabbed on a cotton bud and then rubbed around the tick is the best way of insuring that the tick falls off your animal with the head and mouth parts intact.

No mate, it gave me the excuse to buy a bottle hahaha.

Had a good drink with that tick and now were bessy mates haha

• Like 1

Here we go again.

Read the stickies, don't believe the old wives tales... NEVER put anything on a tick, use a tool. Even frontline doesn't go on the tick itself.

Here we go again.

Read the stickies, don't believe the old wives tales... NEVER put anything on a tick, use a tool. Even frontline doesn't go on the tick itself.

Not an old wives tale when the vet tells you to do it.

Nail varnish remover is one of the best ways IMO.