hello my bull whippett has scabs and bald pastches on her ears ive taken her to two vets and they dont know what it is i know they hurt her as she screams if you touch them, antibiotics dont clear it up just the scabs fall off and i wash her ears twice a week in hibiscrub or malesaeb but to no avail. thanks for your time..

IMAG0001.jpg

definetly a skin condition of some sort, could possibly be an allergic reaction to something. dust, food anything really. all you can do is eliminate 1 at a time start with food. what you feeding now?

I had a problem with her and her skin she had malestisia and antibiotics cleared her up so I put her on pero working dog food which she loves and cleared up her skin I've taken her back since the food about her ears but because the antibiotics didn't clear them up they said it wasn't that. I've removed all straw from the kennels and now use cow matting. Thanks for your quick reply.

I had a problem with her and her skin she had malestisia and antibiotics cleared her up so I put her on pero working dog food which she loves and cleared up her skin I've taken her back since the food about her ears but because the antibiotics didn't clear them up they said it wasn't that. I've removed all straw from the kennels and now use cow matting. Thanks for your quick reply.

so it was a yeast infection then. diet plays a big part in that, treatments ive herd of include yougart and washing with cider vineger, have you tried looking on the net for other peoples experiences in treating it?

Did any of the vets take skin scrapings

yes they did but I use stronghold regularly or advocate.

so it was a yeast infection then. diet plays a big part in that, treatments ive herd of include yougart and washing with cider vineger, have you tried looking on the net for other peoples experiences in treating it?

no I haven't but I will try thank you.

Eliminate ALL cereals from the diet. They are often responsible for yeast infections etc. Feed raw food, fresh food only: meat, bones, whole carcases, tripe, fish, with plenty of green leafy veg: steamed nettles and spinach are particularly good. Get Kelp from Dorwest Herbs.

Do not feed dry or manufactured dog food: it all contains cereals such as wheat, soya etc. Boiled rice should be OK: use brown rice rather than white.