Envy is a terrible thing..

I have turned into the green eyed monster... Over a rifle i used to own and sold because it was rubbish!

Anyway bit of background...

Just got up to my folks house as we are visiting for the weekend, i always pack a rifle as one of my industrial permissions isnt far and i always go shoot the pigeons, my dad like to join me with the Raider :bad: .. never gets anything but likes to come along.

A cupple years back the old man wanted a rifle to keep the pigeons off his solar pannels, so i sold him (at a family rate) my Webley Raider 10xs ... it was rubbish to be fair, never kept its zero and was horribly underpowered.

Now i know what your thinking, what a horrible son i am selling such a crap gun to my own father... well he offered as i was going to trade it in when i got my Daystate, but he insisted he wanted it..

So recently I told him how Adi from A&M had sorted my S10 out and shown him my Marksman silencer etc and he loved the noise (the very little it puts out) and we had been out to the permission and i had taken pigeons cleanly at 40+ yards..

Next thing i know he has taken this old banger raider to Adi and its come back like a different rifle! he is shooting 1 hole groups at 20yards, unsupported.. not bad for a man of 70+ years! .... and its quieter than my S10 :censored: ... yes he bought a bloody marksman too!

Now i find myself lusting after the Raider :wub: i got rid of because it was bloody awful! and now its bloody brilliant! :censored:

Might see if he wants to swap for my S10 :laugh:

We are going to shoot the ferals later so if he comes back with a bigger bag than me that will be the final straw! :chair:

.... The phantom turret twister might be hired to work his magic! :ninja::laugh:

ATB

Adam

Hah never! Ive spent WAY too much money on that to ever swap it or sell it

....And besides...

I need that to win the THL darts .. again :toast::laugh:

The daystate has been locked away its going to be my target shooting rifle, its hunting days are over, the 22 S10 smacks things much better :thumbs:

ATB

Adam

Totally over the envy now after going to the permission, The raider is now good but the S10 is still superior :thumbs:

IMG-20120714-00199.jpg

Son 2 - Dad 0

And a little paper practice aswell

IMG-20120714-00200.jpg

5 Shots 30yards outside kneeling supported with .22 H&N FTT (washed and lubed, Got to say im now converted to washing and lubing) less than a 5p! ... the top left one was erm.. the wind :whistling::angel: it erm... gusted and elevated the pellet ............ :laugh:

IMG-20120714-00201.jpg

IMG-20120714-00202.jpg

Just shows all you 'oldies' that us youths know better :laugh: cant believe i ever doubted myself!

:boogy: :boogy: :boogy: :boogy: :boogy: :boogy: :boogy: :boogy: :boogy: :boogy: :boogy: :boogy: :boogy: :boogy:

ATB

Adam

Daz you had better put that blunderbuss benelli down if you want to stay the master! :tongue2:

• Like 1

It's our way of giving the "youf of today, oldies of tomorrow" a confidance boost :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh::thumbs: working well tony :yes:

The old man has alot of knowledge left in him, keeps drip feeding it to me..... after i have made the mistake :laugh:

Knowledge is power and all that :yes:

ATB

Adam

Thats because there are two types of knowlage and wisdom, Taught and Experianced :yes:

Taught, is good,experianced is better :yes:

Both together = I won't make that mistake again :thumbs:

Yeah and one is quick and one takes bloody ages :laugh:

By the time ive got all that ill be an oldie ! :rofl:

ATB

Adam

Totally over the envy now after going to the permission, The raider is now good but the S10 is still superior :thumbs:

IMG-20120714-00199.jpg

Son 2 - Dad 0

And a little paper practice aswell

IMG-20120714-00200.jpg

5 Shots 30yards outside kneeling supported with .22 H&N FTT (washed and lubed, Got to say im now converted to washing and lubing) less than a 5p! ... the top left one was erm.. the wind :whistling::angel: it erm... gusted and elevated the pellet ............ :laugh:

IMG-20120714-00201.jpg

IMG-20120714-00202.jpg

Just shows all you 'oldies' that us youths know better :laugh: cant believe i ever doubted myself!

ATB

Adam

Daz you had better put that blunderbuss benelli down if you want to stay the master!

I shoot that Group with the .22 Recoiling Springer Prosport wrong Handed My young Apprentice :laugh: :laugh: :tongue2:

Wait till i get a Left hand stock for it, S10 ha ha :bad:

atvb Daz 7.

• Like 1