but thank the Lord for that tail back

Just got back from one of my perms with a big smile on my face. After the terrible weather we have been getting of late, whilst driving back from work there was a tail back on the M62. I wound down the window for some fresh air, the sun was shinning and hardly any breeze. Right then time to shift a few more bunnies I thought. Back to the pad, changed and back out in no time.

I arrived at the farm, wheeled out 25m to 50m with the trundle wheel and used some pigeon decoys as markers every 5m. Layed up prone adjusted the zero and fired off a good few shots at each range. Well happy with the plinking I picked up the decoys, pulled the targets of my back stop and walked over to the van. Checked the air pressure and it was still holding between 150 and 200 bar ( big thanks to Marksman for sorting out the ally cyilinder, more shots per fill and a hell of a lot lighter to boot :thumbs: ) I walked to the front of the van and noticed Muswell my little cocker spaniel, ears up head out the window, pure concentration on his face. What is he doing I thought and looked round in the direction of his gaze. Bingo two ferals on top of the haylage shed, Well they had just listened to thirty shots fire off into the sheet of ply and never moved. The back doors of the van were open, I grabbed the range finder. 32m the one nearest his friend a bit higher on the sloping roof. Balls I slammed the van door in exitment and expected them to fly off. NO they just stayed still pruning there feathers in the evening sun, righty oh then lets get the camera out and fire it onto the tripod. They were still there, you can hear in the footage the farmers tractor in the back ground, as I creept behind a pile of hard core to rest against he had turned up from the back field- they still never moved. Thinking about it; two things

1) they had a death wish

2) just been eating magic mushrooms

either way I had the furthest one in the cross hair a gentle squeeze and it hit the deck, his mate never even flinched. Reposition the crosshairs on his bonce and bingo, down he went (the bloody camera started to try and refind it's focus) Two shots off in quick consession, in front of the farmer aswell :victory: " Bloody good shooting " he says as he climbs out of his tractor.

"Where are the sheep from the front feild today then" I ask

"They have been shifted there behind the wood" We have a bit of banter and he carrys on with tending to the land.

I refill the Hw100's mag with JSB's and thinking luck was on my side, strolled out to the front field. Nothing along the hedge, no bunnies against the road hedge neither. I continue to the hedgerow which runs against the back of the canal. Isnt it strange that when things click in place or maybe we think differently that what we want to happen often does. I am half way down the hedge when two bunnies bolt for it's thick cover. Muppet I though you never saw them, the absence of sheep had given the grass time to grow quite tall. The second one to bolt stopped and moved into the hedge quite lesurley, OK I am downwind, I dont think he clocked me, although his mate did. For some reason I walked towards the center of the field and posisioned myself alongside some thistles. I checked the time, Ok I will give it ten minutes, or so I thought. No sooner than the range finder was out of my hand a rabbit hopped out from the hedge, he was around 35m if my quick recky with the range finder was anything to go by. One mil-dot hold over and it's goodnight from him.

It is not everytime that I go out with the airgun that thing's seem to all fall into place but this evening was one of those and I hate to say it but "thank the Lord for that tail back"

http://youtu.be/CruVFT_gvP8

bagofthree004.jpg

bagofthree002.jpg

bagofthree083.jpg

Smokey

Edited by Smokey 1
  • Like 1

Thanks guy's, yeah just one of them days. Everything clicks and for some reason or another you just end up lucky. I have a tenner on the euro millions tonight :D

Marty, there is only half a video as the blinking camera tried to re focus after the first pigeon fell from the roof.

Smokey

Thanks boys :thumbs:

In complete contrast, got back early from work headed to the trout lake to see if anything was about. Got drenched to the bone, never saw a thing and managed to snap one of the rifle's scope flip up covers :censored:

Oh well there is alwaysy tomorrow

Smokey

Edited by Smokey 1