Went to a bit permission a few years ago with a mate and our dogs, next thing this horse is charging at us so we leg it to gate, I get over and both dogs jump it but my mate is struggling to get his fat arse over, the horse is right there getting rowdy he starts to panic next thing he turns round and lands a right hook right on the nose! It snorted all over him and run like f**k!! :laugh:

:laugh: ....Reminds me of the rumour that used to go about my town about a guy that punched a cow..................and drapped it!!....FPMSL... :haha:

:laugh: what made it better is the fact he kept saying "I f*****g hate horses" and I just palmed him off with "stop panicking these ones are sound" he was not amused I can tell ye! :laugh:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont you worry about it mate.....when very near a tonne of beef is running at you then get the f**k out the way thats what i say...especially when you have dogs with you.....Jesus its not like it was

they never bothered me for years and years, lamped through fields full of them no bother, then i saw that happen to that old lady that morning and my thinking soon changed, fook that no bunny is worth

Theirs a new law now where farmer has to make sure it is safe to cross a Public Footpath on their land if cows or horses have been knowing to attack or do they can be charged , some think if the put

Paulus that must off been a bad sight to witness mate .never really had any problems , but readin this makes you realise what can and does happen round live stock.

to be fair dairy cattle are on the whole fine, but beef cattle and cows with calves need to be watched. i know a beef cattle farmer, when he goes to check on new born calves, he always positions his tractor between the cows, himself and the calf before getting out of it. That in itself should tell you something. The other thing is, the news reports seem to always lean towards the dog causing the attacks but the one i witnessed the cow took no notice of the dog at all, it went straight for the old lady.

heres a couple more, so just be carefull http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-14755592

Another one, just down the road from where I used to live..

http://news.bbc.co.u...est/4650810.stm

thats the same injuries as the lady i saw get killed, it smashed her skull open by butting her on the floor and the colapsed her ribs by rolling onto her :icon_eek:

old lady walking her friends dog early one morning, the footpath goes over a river and through a field that had cows and calfs in, i was coming in the other direction as she walked past a couple near the footpath one just flipped, butted her up in the air, then again a couple of times on the floor, then folded its front leg and rolled on her, by the time i had ran down a moved them up the field she was already dead. the dog was on a lead and was quiet, she did nothing to spook them, the police put it down as a freak act of nature, however another lady had it happen a couple of weeks later but got away with broken ribs and bruises.

That must have been an awful thing to witness,it could just as easily been you.

Dairy bulls are the worst cattle to be around but they can all be a real pain but I still think horses are the worst.

A few years ago we were on holiday in the Malverns and I walked to get the morning paper across a couple of Public Footpaths that had horses paddocked in them. Both dogs on lead, horses running around getting closer and one of them went up on its front legs and kicked out and and I literally felt the wind as i'td hoof just missed my head. :icon_eek:

I was out of there sharpish I'll tell you :yes:

Last year a horse (with rider) kicked a dog that was walking past it. Accident or not I don't know but the dog owner had nearly £400 worth of vet bills as the dog's jaw had been smashed :huh:

Cheers, D.

Theirs a new law now where farmer has to make sure it is safe to cross a Public Footpath on their land if cows or horses have been knowing to attack or do they can be charged , some think if the put a warning sign they are ok..but their not..it has been tried in a court...and to f*****g right , me and son was in field with horses going across path and 4 of the fuckers came running up up on rearing up on back legs trying to get at me and dogs. let dogs go me and son got out field shouted of dogs got them out, then saw the farmer.. pulled him, all he said was i don't think they mean anything by it. i went mad. don't mean anything by it we had to jump out the f*****g way otherwise we'd of been dead!

• Like 2

All of this has been very informative, I never have the dogs on the lead when crossing a field with horses or cows in because i did think they would always go for the dogs but from now on i will certainly keep a bloody good eye on the type of cows that are in that field. ;)

Can somebody confirm for me if this is correct or not :hmm: if a bull is in a field that is a public footpath should the farmer by law have a notice on the gate saying the bull is in there :whistling: because recently i've seen one in a field with other cows, on a public footpath and there isan't a sign to be seen.... :hmm: