new saluki lurcher

just bought a new 17 month old saluki lurcher ....find her very nervous ...and hard to handel....is it too late to start basic training with her .....she has showed good signs off the lead and seems to b well capable of doing the job required ....

Keep it on the lead for 2 weeks, bond with it, and do a bit recall work in garden then when your happy with that start on the retrieving..just remember salukis don't take to new home/owners like other crosses do

just bought a new 17 month old saluki lurcher ....find her very nervous ...and hard to handel....is it too late to start basic training with her .....she has showed good signs off the lead and seems to b well capable of doing the job required ....

be strict with yourself, keep her in till you have gained confidence in her and she has started bonding with you.

never mind "when something gets up",, not much good when the dog fucks off is it !?

• Like 2

be strict with yourself, keep her in till you have gained confidence in her and she has started bonding with you.

never mind "when something gets up",, not much good when the dog fucks off is it !?

It that thing again. i want.....it and i want it now

When I got my new old dog (saluki/bull/whippet) last year I spent the whole of the first day I had her, and a great deal of time in the following days, just sat talking to her, giving her little treats, going away and comming back with food, giving her a brush down and playing a bit of fetch and what not and I didnt let her off lead for two weeks.

Spend some time with the dog and earn its trust :thumbs:

• Like 2