Derek. E. Homden Charcoal Artist

Hi guys, for those of you who remember my dad.

Derek was born in Dartford, where he still lives, drawing from an early age, always for pleasure. Not until the 1970’s did the work become more dedicated. By 1980 Derek was experimenting and trying to perfect charcoal. 1983 was his first sale.

Wife Jenni always knew she could sell Derek’s drawings. In 1988 Derek and Jenni went full time and the artwork blossomed.

Derek kept to what he knew animals, terriers, lurchers and portraits of people; at one time with 71 prints available, doing his apprenticeship at Terrier Shows etc.

Jenni was so proud of the artwork and worked tirelessly to promote it.

In 2004 an illness in the family caused his retirement and he looked after Jenni until her death in January 2010. After 45 years of marriage.

Jenni was the inspiration.

His two daughters are now taking up the sale of Derek’s work. www.absolutecharcoal.com

Derek said ‘He travels and thanks to everyone for their support.’

The art of Derek.E.Homden is dedicated in loving memory to Jennifer Eve Russell Homden 18.02.46- 8.01.10

I know Stoaty was looking for him.

Claire x

post-73953-0-72005300-1341928630.jpg

• Like 4

Hello and welcome ,was there no a article in the countrymans a fortnight or so ago ?.

Yes there was, my dad in his excitement to say that his prints were to be sold again, put the ad in prematurely as the website was not up and running. It is now and has a selection of dad's drawings on it. We are on Facebook, Twitter and Ebay. There are still many, many other prints of Derek's to be uploaded.

1 of my fave artists along with mike sibley. why dont you do a book of his drawings sure it would sell very well and dedicate it to your mum??Met your mum and dad few years ago lovely friendly people so sorry about your lose and warmest regards to your dad

regards Stoaty :toast:

Edited by stoaty

1 of my fave artists along with mike sibley. why dont you do a book of his drawings sure it would sell very well and dedicate it to your mum??Met your mum and dad few years ago lovely friendly people so sorry about your lose and warmest regards to your dad

regards Stoaty :toast:

Hi Stoaty, glad I found you again. When I googled my dad a long time ago, I found a message from you saying 'had anyone heard from him' So I kept it on the off chance that I would find you through Hunting Life. We are relaunching my dad's prints, we still have hundreds of the old, origional ones, but now have a good selection on a printer's computer so we can print off when we need to and not house the prints as my dad used to in his loft, shed and under the bed. Absolute Charcoal has been going a week now. www.absolutecharcoal.com and facebook, twitter and on Ebay under art, contemporary, 1980-1989, although my dad drew up until 2004. When my mum was diagnosed with cancer. Glad you liked his work, spoke to Mike Sibley recently as needed help with website and stuff.

Regards Claire

have one of his drawings here he did for me of one of my old terriers very tallented and a nice bloke must of been near the start the date on it is 30-6-89 and my dogs name was nipper beleive he took photos at a show in slough which i still have then did the drawing from them

• Like 1

have one of his drawings here he did for me of one of my old terriers very tallented and a nice bloke must of been near the start the date on it is 30-6-89 and my dogs name was nipper beleive he took photos at a show in slough which i still have then did the drawing from them

Lovely he will remember when I ask him. He remembers all of the dogs he drew.

• 5 weeks later...

Lovely he will remember when I ask him. He remembers all of the dogs he drew.

He did remember Nipper x