Nite site VS night-eye

nite site V nite eye V make your own .I dont know about patents and copy rights , but to get a patent or what ever it has to be a new idea I believe. Looking through scope with a camera has been about for a long time.yukon cobra and people using digital movie cameras ect .I thought to make a nite site set up,a long time be for nite site released theres but did not know what camera lenses screens ect .So others must have thought the same .Dyson had a copy right on his vacuum cleaner . the system of catching the dust has been around for a long time the cyclone thing ,but not on a vacuum cleaner .I am not totally sure on all this just adding a bit.

nite site V nite eye V make your own .I dont know about patents and copy rights , but to get a patent or what ever it has to be a new idea I believe. Looking through scope with a camera has been about for a long time.yukon cobra and people using digital movie cameras ect .I thought to make a nite site set up,a long time be for nite site released theres but did not know what camera lenses screens ect .So others must have thought the same .Dyson had a copy right on his vacuum cleaner . the system of catching the dust has been around for a long time the cyclone thing ,but not on a vacuum cleaner .I am not totally sure on all this just adding a bit.

If you look at the nitesite the patent number is on the lamp not the camera I am in the process of having a patent done for a mole trap does not work like any other mole trap I know of but will come into conflict with at least 3 other traps. who ever said it has to be a new idea is correct the internal working of something has to be different then it can be covered. cameras looking through a scope has been around for a long time there can not be a patent on the camera it would belong to sony the case is a case so not that. the monitor is just that so not that. it is the lamp I know the lenses on the ir is made to make a 7 degree beam which I am sure has not been done before on ir so I would think it more likely to be this, and as said the patent number is on the lamp as well If they have worded this well then it will be hard for anyone to make a night sight that uses a ir lamp that has a lenses that changes the ir beam angle of light even if they sell it as a day camera that can be switched to a night sight camera they would have to say how it works at night to get a patent as it has been said there nothing new with a camera looking through a scope. Help this helps throw a little light on the subject it does not mean other companies will not make them they will have to buy a license from nitesite to make there own if nitesite are willing that is and at £600 a pop I do not think so.

• Like 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So are they anygood then or what

If you look at the nitesite the patent number is on the lamp not the camera I am in the process of having a patent done for a mole trap does not work like any other mole trap I know of but will come i

So are they anygood then or what

Here is a couple of the reviews...

i have had 1 for a few months now and love it seems that the people that have got them are very happy found this review

First Name : Bob

Testimonial Title : Night Eye NE500

Description : I ordered a Night-Eye NE500 Friday last week and since the I have had several e-mails and texts from John at Night Eye answering questions I asked. As I said, the system was ordered Friday and delivery was attempted by the Post Office on Tuesday morning. Unfortunately it took my brother slightly longer to reach the door than it took the posty to pop a card through the letter box and vanish down the drive, so we ended up collecting from the sorting office yesterday morning. The next delay came from the need to charge the battery, but all the bits were fitted to the gun without any problems whatsoever and as soon as the battery was charged the system was fired up. This worked flawlessly and at about 23.00 last night both my gun, fitted with the nitesite NS200 and my brothers gun, fitted with the Night Eye NE500 were placed side by side on a picn ic table in the orchard. Both guns have identical scopes by the way.

The first thing that became apparent was the camera on the Night Eye is far more sensitive than the nitesite unit. Without the infrared switched on either gun the picture on the night eye was far superior to the nitesite. With the infrared on the performance gap narrowed somewhat but the night eye still had a distinct advantage.

The upshot of it all is the night eye operationally is a superior piece of kit. Nitesite is a better looking unit and one or two features are obviously better quality, but unfortunately they do not contribute to the operational effectiveness of the unit, only to the overall cost.

I paid £599 for my Nitesite and paid £350 plus carriage for my little brothers Night Eye and as regards performance the costs should have been the other way round.

The nitesite comes (or came when I got it) with a lead acid gell cell which is like carrying a brick in your pocket. I soon converted mine to have a lithium polymer supply, which had I not already had the battery and charger to hand would have cost a minimum of £40. The Night eye comes as standard with a lithium ion battery pack which can easily be placed in your top pocket, or as we've done, on the right hand side of the stock in the camo cover.

10 minutes after switching the night eye on two rabbits were seen feeding side by side at about 40 yards range, 10 minutes after that they were both on the butcher block minus internals and jackets. The second one never flinched when the first one went down.

I can honestly say I have never dealt with a better company and couldn't be more pleased with the cost effectiveness of their system. Cut them some slack, they are relatively new and are trying very hard.

I should also say that the system is equally effective in daylight should you wish to use it.

ATB

Bob

i can see this unit realy taking of £350 pounds wow. i take my hate of to the people that brought the unit out. cheap night vision at last. i use nite hunters unit but a bit of competition does not hurt anybody it just keeps the price down witch is [bANNED TEXT] we need :thumbs: Edited by 72line per

The Nite hunter price for the 'sniper cam' is (last time i heard) at the £350ish mark.

Which if it is, will be the best option on the market (short of making your own)

However once all the product design, testing, and sourcing of materials, overheads, manufacturing etc etc is done maybe it will be more (its hard to believe it can be better than the ns200 for less money, otherwise why didnt nitesite make a better unit for the same price?)

-Ok maybe i should clarify that last statement, I can believe it can be better than the ns200. I just dont know why nitesite put out a product that can be easily matched/bettered for such a high price? The nitesite range is very good but with a little more product design they would have an amazing product which justified the price tag, they do exactly what they say they will and i only had one issue - the price!

But when SniperCam get released officially we will see, im looking forward to another review from another forum member who has just got his hands on one :thumbs: they said it should be in the next week or so, cant wait to see that.

ATB

Adam

Someone sell me a snipercam!!

I'd like to compare them myself

:thumbs:

tell me about it, saw one at the June THL meet and ive been dribbling ever since

even the non HD one is still great

ATB

Adam

Someone sell me a snipercam!!

I'd like to compare them myself

:thumbs:

tell me about it, saw one at the June THL meet and ive been dribbling ever since

even the non HD one is still great

ATB

Adam

HD

lol I'm starting to Drule aswell now!

I need to do a comparasent with the NS50 the snipercam and ive also been talking to another member who has made a cracking looking home made unit that looks on par with these and I might be doing a review for them aswell! Fingers crossed!

So when is the snipercam for sale then?? :thumbs:

i am testing the hd unit at the moment .but the other units are on sale now. just ring nite-hunter.

You got a rough idea on price for the HD unit mate?

Website says £POA on the HD unit .... makes it sound like they are available now...

ATB

Adam

SNIPER CAM HD (day / night)

£POA

Features

• High definition recording
  • Simple push fit to most scopes
  • simple cross air pickup using finger friendly zoom/focus
  • record facility
  • SD card facility for extra record memory
  • LCD brightness control
  • LCD instant playback
  • 2.5 hrs run time
  • spare batterys available
  • sensor able to see inferred spectrums 720nm,760nm,850nm, 950nm
  • resolution settings
  • external optical filter adapter (helps reduce lcd glare)
  • sensor 480 tvl, low lux

Optional Extras

• sensor upgrade 700 tvl, super low lux

For further details please ring

*I have removed the number just incase there is unwanted attention however you can find it at www.nite-hunter.com*