• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

your a good advert for anti's and the uspca ..learn how to keep your big mouth shut and keep your opinion private , the hunting world is struggling enough without you damning peoples dogs . FACT!!!!!!

one more sleep then going to have the best of crack tomorrow with all the lads at the show men from sligo england and other parts going to be a great day hope the rain stays away first round on the mo

Best overall in show.

Posted Images

my lurcher is broken haired three quater hound and quarter wheaten terrier and the lurcher judge asked the question IS HE PURE BREAD? I AM NOT UPSET THAT I DID NOT WIN just very pissed off that after traveling such a journey at some expence to find some judge that could not identify what was stareing him in the face . WHAT IS A LURCHER ONLY A MONGREL and I HAVE NEVER SEEN A HAIRY GREYHOUND

lets all see a picture of your dog ???

i asked if it were a pure bred ??

very deerhound looking , thats why i asked ???----if i look a twat , so be it

Here is a picture of the dog.

Do you still think this is a pedigree deerhound, you above all people should of known it was not a pedigree deerhound with your 30 years of experience in lurchers. Welcome to Ireland, the home of wheaten cross lurchers. I would forgive you for thinking he was part deerhound, because of his colour. As I have stated he is 3/4 greyhound 1/4 wheaten, put it down as a learning curve for yourself, because there is alot of them in Ireland. By the way I am not a sore loser, I have won and lost at alot of shows, and it was a learning curve for myself also regarding the game fair.

p.s. yours in sport jimjim.

jimjim i was thinking he was deerhound obviously with his coat trimmed a little, i was'nt being patronising to you in anyway shape or form, den

fair enough dennned i have had my say lets shake hands and put it to bed jimjim

my lurcher is broken haired three quater hound and quarter wheaten terrier and the lurcher judge asked the question IS HE PURE BREAD? I AM NOT UPSET THAT I DID NOT WIN just very pissed off that after traveling such a journey at some expence to find some judge that could not identify what was stareing him in the face . WHAT IS A LURCHER ONLY A MONGREL and I HAVE NEVER SEEN A HAIRY GREYHOUND

lets all see a picture of your dog ???

i asked if it were a pure bred ??

very deerhound looking , thats why i asked ???----if i look a twat , so be it

Here is a picture of the dog.

Do you still think this is a pedigree deerhound, you above all people should of known it was not a pedigree deerhound with your 30 years of experience in lurchers. Welcome to Ireland, the home of wheaten cross lurchers. I would forgive you for thinking he was part deerhound, because of his colour. As I have stated he is 3/4 greyhound 1/4 wheaten, put it down as a learning curve for yourself, because there is alot of them in Ireland. By the way I am not a sore loser, I have won and lost at alot of shows, and it was a learning curve for myself also regarding the game fair.

p.s. yours in sport jimjim.

jimjim i was thinking he was deerhound obviously with his coat trimmed a little, i was'nt being patronising to you in anyway shape or form, den

fair enough dennned i have had my say lets shake hands and put it to bed jimjim

ok jim jim suits me too , good luck in the future , happy hunting

Great day in Shanes on Sunday ,glad to see alot of interest in the IWTF stand,the lads signed up a few clubs on the day and well done to the judges who spend hours in the ring in that hazey rain ,i showed my lurchers got first in the rough overs and my ole faithful 10 year old collie greyhound got a first in the veterans and i was delighted with that.it was a long drive up from Dublin but always worth the drive it is always a great show,and glad to see Steven get champion lurcher at least he is someone that will use the fox caller that was given as a prize,and no one can honestly take the credit from Dessie for his cracking Russell dog for winning overall

• Like 3

Was at Shanes on Sunday really enjoyed the day we brought a few guests along special needs children they presented a Perpetual sheild from forest lodge repite centre to the Glenbank club. Two of the kids showed in the child handling each getting a rossett each they went home very happy children stopping and showing the rossetts to everyone they met took ages to get them to the car LOL Like to thank the judges in my opinion they done an excellent job we watched the whippet ring mainly . Only slight criticism in the showing the lurcher puppy had atleast 20 plus in the ring felt there was enough to spilt the class either 0-6 months 6 months-1year or dogs and bitches Well done on to Dessie on winning the supreme champion Thanks and Well done Albert and crew for a great show .

Sammy

Edited by bowersey
  • Like 1

Was at Shanes on Sunday really enjoyed the day we brought a few guests along special needs children they presented a Perpetual sheild from forest lodge repite centre to the Glenbank club. Two of the kids showed in the child handling each getting a rossett each they went home very happy children stopping and showing the rossetts to everyone they met took ages to get them to the car LOL Like to thank the judges in my opinion they done an excellent job we watched the whippet ring mainly . Only slight criticism in the showing the lurcher puppy had atleast 20 plus in the ring felt there was enough to spilt the class either 0-6 months 6 months-1year or dogs and bitches Well done on to Dessie on winning the supreme champion Well done Albert and crew for a great show .

Sammy

Sammy,

Please thank the Forest Lodge Centre for the Shield. I am pleased the kids enjoyed themselves. Weather wasn't great but it was a delight to see families pull on their coats and wellingtons to get on with it and enjoy the day.

Albert

• Like 1

Was at Shanes on Sunday really enjoyed the day we brought a few guests along special needs children they presented a Perpetual sheild from forest lodge repite centre to the Glenbank club. Two of the kids showed in the child handling each getting a rossett each they went home very happy children stopping and showing the rossetts to everyone they met took ages to get them to the car LOL Like to thank the judges in my opinion they done an excellent job we watched the whippet ring mainly . Only slight criticism in the showing the lurcher puppy had atleast 20 plus in the ring felt there was enough to spilt the class either 0-6 months 6 months-1year or dogs and bitches Well done on to Dessie on winning the supreme champion Well done Albert and crew for a great show .

Sammy

i seen the kids walking round with there rosettes in the rain with big smiles on there faces and was one of the highlights of the day for me... wish more posts had the same positivity... my 2 sisters and there husbands and kids went to it, they took there schnauzers, they thought it was a really brilliant show with loads to do and they loved to see all other fellow country people and city folks bring there dogs and couldnt beleive the amount of dogs or people for such a bad day...they said they will defo be back next year..... great day albert cheers.. :thumbs:
  • Like 3

Glad the kids enjoyed their day and got the rosettes to take home as a souvenir. I brought a friend and her two kids with me both days - they didn't mind the rain or mud and were sad to go home when it was over. They said they were going to start saving the pocket money for next year. All in all I thought it was a great experience.

Glad the kids enjoyed their day and got the rosettes to take home as a souvenir. I brought a friend and her two kids with me both days - they didn't mind the rain or mud and were sad to go home when it was over. They said they were going to start saving the pocket money for next year. All in all I thought it was a great experience.

LF,

Thanks - I am pleased that so many of the people who turned out in poor weather ( especially Sunday) have taken the time to contact me and thank me. My team were fantastic as were the two guys from the estate who helped us put in stoned gateways and additional roadways and the marquee contractors who helped us keep the ground good for the public on Sunday. I think the only tow out that I heard about was the hound lorry! I had hoped for glorious weather for our 50th Fair but in some ways I was more proud that we kept the show going when other events were cancelling all around us and we sent home some happy traders who did their bit by offering at least two or three bargains.

Now straight on to planning Birr - but please let us have some good weather for it!

Albertj

LF,

Thanks - I am pleased that so many of the people who turned out in poor weather ( especially Sunday) have taken the time to contact me and thank me. My team were fantastic as were the two guys from the estate who helped us put in stoned gateways and additional roadways and the marquee contractors who helped us keep the ground good for the public on Sunday. I think the only tow out that I heard about was the hound lorry! I had hoped for glorious weather for our 50th Fair but in some ways I was more proud that we kept the show going when other events were cancelling all around us and we sent home some happy traders who did their bit by offering at least two or three bargains.

Now straight on to planning Birr - but please let us have some good weather for it!

Albertj

albert get on the prey matt for great weather , we might just appear at birr ---den

LF,

Albertj

albert get on the prey matt for great weather , we might just appear at birr ---den

Den you and the guys would be most welcome. Sorry didn't have a chance to have a bit of craic with you.

LF,

Albertj

Den you and the guys would be most welcome. Sorry didn't have a chance to have a bit of craic with you.

thats ok albert , it was as much our fault for wanting to catch an earlier boat

you do get some daff question's asked sometimes but he came all the way from scotland for free to ask them....FAIR PLAY TO HIM :thumbs:

do you know for sures thrs no pat in the mix ..