Australian cattle dog cross

Here's a mates 1/2 x acd,a grand ferreting dog that don't need telling what to do.

200.jpg

0371.jpg

027-1.jpg

023.jpg

010.jpg

188.jpg

I had the litter sister to this dog,but she got killed in action.

Picture853.jpg

Picture-1.jpg

I was lucky with pace with my bitch as she wasn't ever straight lined by anything in her short life and she retrieved a few big rabbits in her time as well.

The acd x is a grand old x to own but my god it'll test every ounce of patients you have and will have you asking yourself why?,but when it comes together with them it's something else :yes: .

• Like 4

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a mates 1/2 x acd,a grand ferreting dog that don't need telling what to do. I had the litter sister to this dog,but she got killed in action. I was lucky with pace with my bit

First crosses can be a bit slow, that is why I'm putting one to my pure grey bitch to get 3/4 grey 1/4 acd pups as for comparing them to collie crosses they have the collie brain but more of a attit

My bitch in her day

Posted Images

Here's a mates 1/2 x acd,a grand ferreting dog that don't need telling what to do.

200.jpg

0371.jpg

027-1.jpg

023.jpg

010.jpg

188.jpg

Picture853.jpg

Picture-1.jpg

I was lucky with pace with my bitch as she wasn't ever straight lined by anything in her short life and she retrieved a few big rabbits in her time as well.

The acd x is a grand old x to own but my god it'll test every ounce of patients you have and will have you asking yourself why?,but when it comes together with them it's something else :yes: .

Excellent pics mate :victory: , shame about your bitch though :cray:

Thanks for all the post some stunning looking dogs in the pics, does anybody know of any litters planned for next year?

The dog at the start of Firemans post is the one going to my pure grey bitch as soon as she comes in heat mate :thumbs:

• Like 1

Cheers for the comments, as for me giving advice i would say there have some little quirks but nothing you wont be able to deal with, all i would say is they need to be busy the more work you give them the better bond you'll get

they learn well and once they know the game will give there all for you

A good book is acd's by narell roberts i own a copy very informative. The best advice i got was off a mate who said they dont show injury very well but if there catch rate goes down look for injury he was spot on. 8 years on tough ground with only one broken toe there a hardy old dog atb 2.8

• Like 1

Cheers for the comments, as for me giving advice i would say there have some little quirks but nothing you wont be able to deal with, all i would say is they need to be busy the more work you give them the better bond you'll get

they learn well and once they know the game will give there all for you

A good book is acd's by narell roberts i own a copy very informative. The best advice i got was off a mate who said they dont show injury very well but if there catch rate goes down look for injury he was spot on. 8 years on tough ground with only one broken toe there a hardy old dog atb 2.8

I've been told off my mate to keep them stimulated from day one, I'll have a look for that book :signthankspin: , 21Dangermouse I'll keep you in mind :thumbs:

saw several pure some highly exitable and needing work ,not a cross i would give any lurcher owner , wild rover had a few as did others ,wouldnt think the first crosses would be to pacy as there heavy boned and shortlegged , purely rabbit dogs and the odd oppurtunist type , saw several in america on ranches but they never seem to cross them with there staghounds and saluki type , Chalkwarren had them , wild rover they would be the men to ask

saw several pure some highly exitable and needing work ,not a cross i would give any lurcher owner , wild rover had a few as did others ,wouldnt think the first crosses would be to pacy as there heavy boned and shortlegged , purely rabbit dogs and the odd oppurtunist type , saw several in america on ranches but they never seem to cross them with there staghounds and saluki type , Chalkwarren had them , wild rover they would be the men to ask

I've sent Wild Rover a message :thumbs:

200.jpg

0371.jpg

027-1.jpg

023.jpg

010.jpg

188.jpg

Picture853.jpg

Picture-1.jpg

Fireman good pics. Were they straight acd x grey or was there something else in the make up and what heights did they make ? Cheers :thumbs: Atb

Thanks for take the time to post ppl some really nice dogs in the pics, gotta to say the acd cross has got to be one of the smartest looking dogs. Lifes to short not to have one at your side shinning a lamp into the darkness :yes: . Are they similar maturing as a colie cross? Cheers :thumbs: