does anyone have exprience with ducks. ive reared and shot ducks for a while but usually its a case of standing around a pond to shoot and them landing back on the same pond. this year i want to feed the ducks away from the release pond so they can be in a drive and driven like pheasant. is this a wise idea is it do able and if yes how.

Many thanks

Tried it last year- lots of work and lots of trial and error on food quantities. You want too keep them fairly hungry. I managed too feed the ducks into the drives that I wanted them but they were so skitty that the slightest thing would make them fly home. Managed to get 300 ducks feeding about 1000 yards from their pond going through 3 fields and over a track too feed but had the same problem with them not staying long enough too drive them. They would stuff themselves on 2-3 minutes then fly back- if one even flew whilst feeding they would all go. This year I shall feed them off the pond but only to get them used to flying- then push them off the ponds like I did last season. Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

What age have you birds started to fly this year? Mine are near 13 weeks and i am struggling to get them off the ground, last year i had them flying from 11 weeks using all the same methods. Its quite frustrating....

I have them walking out 300 yards from the pond but they are still just walking back.

Aye, we barely hopper feed them, and mainly hand feed them, and they will follow the quad, so we walk them on to the top of a good hill, and feed them, before pushing them off, back to the pond.