Coursing Dogs

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use my dogs for all hunting.  I know several men that have excellent daytime dogs that are also top drawer on the lamp. Thre is a school of thought that lamping a dog encourages it to pull up at

they are hunting dogs pal, take game day or night what goes on in your heads

well if your lamping dog doesent hit hedges i wouldnt rate it much its a must for me in a lamping dog,seen some great coursing dogs work the lamp very very well pal,great way of getting them fit, geti

Ask a couple of coursing men on here if they lamp there coursing dogs i think most of them will not :) This is one reason why i wouldnt 1. you take a dog coursing it will smash through hedgebacks chasing quarry and you average dog on the lamp stops at a hedgeback so if your coursing dog went on the lamp and started stopping at hedgeback that would be no good during the day IMO

Ask a couple of coursing men on here if they lamp there coursing dogs i think most of them will not :) This is one reason why i wouldnt 1. you take a dog coursing it will smash through hedgebacks chasing quarry and you average dog on the lamp stops at a hedgeback so if your coursing dog went on the lamp and started stopping at hedgeback that would be no good during the day IMO

well if your lamping dog doesent hit hedges i wouldnt rate it much its a must for me in a lamping dog,seen some great coursing dogs work the lamp very very well pal,great way of getting them fit, geting their strike right,stick to your 1 trick ponies if that what suites you

• Like 2

well if your lamping dog doesent hit hedges i wouldnt rate it much its a must for me in a lamping dog,seen some great coursing dogs work the lamp very very well pal,great way of getting them fit, geting their strike right,stick to your 1 trick ponies if that what suites you

:laugh:

Would you use a coursing dog on the lamp ? Just wondering on your opinion on this because imo i wouldnt use a day dog on the lamp but a few lads i have spoke to said they not really bothered if its day/night they use the same dog

I use my dogs for all hunting.

I know several men that have excellent daytime dogs that are also top drawer on the lamp.

Thre is a school of thought that lamping a dog encourages it to pull up at hedges, I think it depends on the dog ,and how it is brought along.

Once a dog learns it can catch by entering a hedge/ bush, it usually does so day or night , in my experience. .

Edited by inan
  • Like 3

I must disagree with that statement.

Although I don't own coursing dogs I use my dogs on both day and night. My beddy/grey will smash through cover after quarry during the day. But come time the lamps out it's a different dog and if he misses a slip lamp off, soon followed by the dog to be collared up again.