Lurcher & Terrier Events At The National Country Fair Borris House,Co.Carlow

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was not going to comment on this ,but I have never judged lurchers before at any show,I have judged whippets,but have kept ,worked raced and showed from whippets to deerhounds ,and for me to pick th

Now Now that's enough bitching PN,you obviously don't know Graham that well to be coming out with that statement, If you have any issues with the selection of judges at Borris feel free to speak your

Posted Images

With our new site at Borris House in Borris, Co. Carlow being much bigger, we have already significantly increased the show this year in terms of associations, attractions, have-a-go activities and traders. Set-up is under way and it is shaping up to be a great event. Keep posted on our website and facebook pages for regular updates: www.nationalcountryfair.ie and http://www.(!64.56:886/nationalcountryfair

• Like 1

With our new site at Borris House in Borris, Co. Carlow being much bigger, we have already significantly increased the show this year in terms of associations, attractions, have-a-go activities and traders. Set-up is under way and it is shaping up to be a great event. Keep posted on our website and facebook pages for regular updates: www.nationalcountryfair.ie and http://www.facebook....onalcountryfair

I know the location in question and it has ample room for this great fair. A point that will attract more dog men to this show is the fact that you dont have to pay into the main fair to get access to the rings, great move :thumbs:

Going forward I feel most fairs may follow this lead. Its all about setting standards :thumbs:

Edited by Irish Lurcher
  • Like 1

Just wanting to know is this country fair bigger than the one held in birr castle

This is the fair that was staged at Ballinlough last year and was much smaller than our fair at Birr Castle.

Hi Albert

This thread was started by myself to promote the Lurcher & Terrier events at Borris and not to be used as compare the gamefairs.com

So would you kindly find another way of continuing your "spat" with the organisers of this Game Fair and refrain from using this thread for this reason.

Regards Ian

• Like 4

With our new site at Borris House in Borris, Co. Carlow being much bigger, we have already significantly increased the show this year in terms of associations, attractions, have-a-go activities and traders. Set-up is under way and it is shaping up to be a great event. Keep posted on our website and facebook pages for regular updates: www.nationalcountryfair.ie and http://www.facebook....onalcountryfair

I know the location in question and it has ample room for this great fair. A point that will attract more dog men to this show is the fact that you dont have to pay into the main fair to get access to the rings, great move :thumbs:

Going forward I feel most fairs may follow this lead. Its all about setting standards :thumbs:

Have to agree with you there John, i think the organisers of this fair have to be applauded for the support

they give to our sport by allowing FREE ENTRY into the Lurcher & Terrier events at Borris.

Edited by poacherslad22

Just wanting to know is this country fair bigger than the one held in birr castle

This is the fair that was staged at Ballinlough last year and was much smaller than our fair at Birr Castle.

Hi Albert

This thread was started by myself to promote the Lurcher & Terrier events at Borris and not to be used as compare the gamefairs.com

So would you kindly find another way of continuing your "spat" with the organisers of this Game Fair and refrain from using this thread for this reason.

Regards Ian

Ian,

Guy asked a question just giving him a factual answer - best of luck with your event.

Albert

Hi Albert

Regards Ian

Ian,

Guy asked a question just giving him a factual answer - best of luck with your event.

Albert

your being a bit pissy albert i was at both moira and shanes castle this year two very good shows but moira was better cause the weather was brilliant last year i prefared shanes castle there is plenty of room for both sets of game fairs and people will make there own minds up anyway so no call for the childish stuff eh !
  • Like 3

Hi Albert

Regards Ian

Ian,

Albert

your being a bit pissy albert i was at both moira and shanes castle this year two very good shows but moira was better cause the weather was brilliant last year i prefared shanes castle there is plenty of room for both sets of game fairs and people will make there own minds up anyway so no call for the childish stuff eh !

When does someone think answering question with a factual answer is childish - when one sees an answer he or she doesn't like! Guy asked a factual question and I gave a factual answer. You may not like the answer but it is fact that Birr 2011 had many more stands than Ballinlough 2011 and I would suspect will have so again in 2012.. If I am factually wrong about this I will apologise. If you are factually wrong will you?

• Like 1

were you at ballinlough last year albert and im not questioing the facts im just saying at every chance you get the dig in and reading from were im sitting its childish you suspect birr will have more this year again which maybe true but bigger is not always better you may of heard that once or twice before lol

were you at ballinlough last year albert and im not questioing the facts im just saying at every chance you get the dig in and reading from were im sitting its childish you suspect birr will have more this year again which maybe true but bigger is not always better you may of heard that once or twice before lol

As I said a guy asked a factual question and I gave a factual answer. What do you not like about that? Do you prefer 'hype' to facts?

i ll give you a fact alberto moira has been gaining ground on shanes castle now for the past few years and i think its starting to show as your seem very worried about what the competion gets up too as for hype your the one guessing birr will be bigger than ballinlough this year neither fairs have even been on yet as for the facts you never answered where you in ballinlough last year ?

As I said a guy asked a factual question and I gave a factual answer. What do you not like about that? Do you prefer 'hype' to facts?

Have to hand it to you Albert, never miss a trick and I don’t need to hear just how factual your reply is, I, like most of the hunting lads on this site have been around a long time and believe me I have taken a few smacks in the face along the way and have administered a few in the process, so just lets say I kind of know what a smack looks and reads like, no matter how ones try’s to disguises it.

Disappointed in your reply.

• Like 2

AJ

As i clearly stated in my previous post that i did not want this thread hijacked not just by you but by anyone,i personally have never

went onto another thread advertising any type of event and hijacked it nor would i and make myself look like a common fool in the process.

I like to support as many shows as i can during the summer months and that includes your shows Albert and i would certainly never dream

of putting a post on the threads of Shanes or Birr that would mention the Lurcher & Terrier events at Moira or Borris,if you look back to the

threads from Shanes in the past you will find that i had nothing only support for the Lurcher & Terrier events at Shanes which i always enjoy

attending & supporting.

So could we please draw a line under this subject and let our club focus on getting organised for next week at Borris.

• Like 5

AJ

As i clearly stated in my previous post that i did not want this thread hijacked not just by you but by anyone,i personally have never

went onto another thread advertising any type of event and hijacked it nor would i and make myself look like a common fool in the process.

I like to support as many shows as i can during the summer months and that includes your shows Albert and i would certainly never dream

of putting a post on the threads of Shanes or Birr that would mention the Lurcher & Terrier events at Moira or Borris,if you look back to the

threads from Shanes in the past you will find that i had nothing only support for the Lurcher & Terrier events at Shanes which i always enjoy

attending & supporting.

So could we please draw a line under this subject and let our club focus on getting organised for next week at Borris.

Ian,

As I have said before I recognise you do a good job and the events you organise are different to ours give people choice. I didn't knock your terrier & lurcher events I simply answered a question about stands which mentioned our fair - perhaps I should have opened up another thread for this. The best of luck with your event at Borris and on the positive side my post gave you a bit of traffic!

Albert