The danger of a dog that bites

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f**k that any pics

Mouthy dogs are usually high drive dogs. It is natural for a dog to want to grab on to stuff when it gets excited: think of a dog a bit like an automatic car: it is either in drive mode, or park mode:

yeh , i think she is trying to defend dogs that bite .? i think she talks crap. any dog that bites i think should be its last if kids are involved end off. even if its adult the trust as gone, so

Posted Images

Ok seeing as this came up I have a slight glitch with my dog

Ive had running dogs all my life, been around since day I was born.

Currently the lurcher I have right now ( just turned 2) there a slight bit of bull in its make up.

Anyway he is an affectionate dog, always pleased to see folk,in fact gets a bit over excited. Now the problem is when he is on that excited state, and you try to force him into the kitchen say , the wee b*****d will face you up. Now I'm not one to lay into my charges, but he caught me in a foul mood one day, And as I tried to push him in the kitchen again he faced me up. So I belted him with my hand. The c**t showed his teeth , do he got slapped again still showing teeth .

Now like I say this is by no means a trait he shows any other time, in fact barring that he is close to one of the best lurchers I've owned. Now partly I blame the bull in him, as I have never had this problem with any other dog , I'll also take blame myself cause I do tend to let them away with more than most would . Mainly because I stay by myself. If I had kids here it would be a different ball game. Just wondering is this a trait with bull crosses ? Like I said never owned one before. Always gabbing your hands when you go to take him out and putting the lead on him or putting your shoes on . Now I don't want any f*****g smart comments like shoot it or get shot of it. So don't bother of that's all you have to add. Under Normal conditions, ie if it's just us in the house he obeys all commands, however someone comes in, and you try And curb his excited state, and he is clearly not happy.

are you sure hes hes not just curling his lips as this happens in some dogs when they get excited :hmm:

My male smiles sometimes when hes excited or roars not a nasty thing just an excited kind of a thing.Best thing i ever did with the pup was to get her a dog bed and when she was out of hand she gets told to get in her bed fairly loudly and once there i leave her be.This takes away confrontation as a lot of dogs dont like being backed into a corner.Or you could try getting a biscuit and once hes in there of his own free will he gets the treat My older bitch will ocassionally nip your fingers when you first leave for a walk with her not as much now as she used too at the start though.The big lad will also rub his head and body along the furniture or you if hes a bit excited but the bed trick ive used with them all and it seems to work fairly quickly.It also shows them they get no attention at all for bouncing round like a nutter

Yes u do get the odd good dog gone bad, but in general most dog owners including 50% or more of working dog owners couldn't read a dog or understand the ways of pack instinct / nature even if the dog gave them a book on it.. It's a sad But true, and this lack of knowledge is the cause of nearly all nips / bites

Edited by alimac
  • Like 2