Showme, I believe you will change your mind once you get on a badger, I have spoken to ALOT of people & due to the lack of neck and body flattening style that a badger has, it creates a bloodier battle against a HARD dog. Not knocking the coons but facts are facts, you can try otters also if tough is what you crave. A true test of a digging terrier is alone without sending the kill dog, if you can get to the quarry, dispatch it. You will get more service out of a dog that has its health.

Very right and I see eye to eye with you on the dispatch. I rather dispatch myself than the dog, gives them longer lives for sure. This is what makes the coons so tough, you can see on this break through how tight spaces and the those hands give coons an advantage compared to game.

550744_109906119165532_2048582134_n.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This "socialize your pit bull and it'll be fine with other dogs" thing that's been going around has really got to stop. It makes every soccer mom think they can/should rescue one, and that's exactly w

Standard pattys as you call them have faced things much heavier than twenty pound coons,and it was done in the dark by himself.I would consider that a much greater test for a dog rather than four or f

IMO there are only 2 reasons that someone would hold a camera closely to a terrier that's in bad condition. 1. your in the vetinary buisiness and will use the photos in lectures etc. 2. your new to

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

I have crossed my best jagd with a game bitch. My jagd was killed two weeks ago :( I have some pure jagd pups off of him too. I did this cross breed to try to pull some of the bark out of the jagd and put some more size in it (all for hog hunting). Hopefully I get some dogs with nose and range. We will see....

Patterdale,22lbs here.Not supposed to be anything in him aside from Border on sire side a few gens back.We bred dam.Easily pass for a little bulldog or a cross.

post-2484-0-85064200-1359184054.jpg

Edited by uru
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...