fac drink driving six years ago????

Hi guys just wondering if any one can help i got done for drink driving about six years ago apart from that its my only conviction. i have had a couple of warnings but only got cautions. if i apply for my fac will i stand a chance or will it be dismissed. think i am going to have a go but any info would be much appreciated Thanks alot snatch

Hi guys just wondering if any one can help i got done for drink driving about six years ago apart from that its my only conviction. i have had a couple of warnings but only got cautions. if i apply for my fac will i stand a chance or will it be dismissed. think i am going to have a go but any info would be much appreciated Thanks alot snatch

put everything down on the application even the cautions as they will find out anyway :thumbs:

When you say cautions do you mean verbal warnings or actual cautions in a police station?

There are quite a few SGC/FAC holders out there with drink driving convictions and cautions. Usually the cautions cause more concern because accepting one is an admission of guilt and they can be issued for anything from assault to theft.

Declare everything, no matter what it is and go from there.

a lot more is placed on your current state and behaviour, admitting when you made a mistake and taking a caution will probably look better than denying it going to court and getting found guilty.

remember you are banned for life from possessing a firearm if you were sentenced to 3 years or more in prison and banned for 5 years if you were sentenced to between 3months and 3 years......these are cautions and a drink drive conviction years ago, i think your chances are quiet high of getting it, as long as you are steady and on the straight and narrow now.

I knew a game keeper who had a raft of criminal offences including burglary and firearms offences..........he had a shotgun and firearms licence ....time and current attitude count for a lot.

let us know how you get on

perhaps we should have these topics all combined and pinned, as we are often getting people asking, i nicked a sweet when i was 8 and the local copper shouted at me and told my mam, now i'm 98 will i get a sgc? or am i doomed......and in light of the recent mental health and sgc thread too

• Like 1

i just got my shotgun ticket yesterday , and i have a past that is not good at all !!

i was honest about it and they felt that it was the only way to have aproached it , the exact frase was " we are taking an educated risk with you all things being considered "

it has taken along time to get this maybe 7-8 months and has been infront of the cheif of nottinghamshire police twice before being passed yesterday there assesment of me was that i "had been brutaly honest" and as such had shown charictor and open aproach .

i was warned that any trouble will result in big problems for me with them as i have drawn a spotlight on my self , and any thing comes up i will have all my guns confiscated and destroyed and face the full force of the law !!!!!

i have been in no trouble for 10 years almost 11 i submitted all medical records etc which are not routinly checked anymore .

my retirment plan has been to become a proffesional deer manager for forrestry commision and the first stage of a 30 year plan ha ha was to get accepted for my shotgun ticket .

weirdly after all that if i find the correct permission and reason to own they will accept my firearms ticket !!!

so as horrible as it was to go throuigh and feeling judged unfairly for almost a year i got the result and feel i might actual have a good rapor with my fao ..

good luck mate .

all the best , matt.

• Like 1

i just got my shotgun ticket yesterday , and i have a past that is not good at all !!

i was honest about it and they felt that it was the only way to have aproached it , the exact frase was " we are taking an educated risk with you all things being considered "

it has taken along time to get this maybe 7-8 months and has been infront of the cheif of nottinghamshire police twice before being passed yesterday there assesment of me was that i "had been brutaly honest" and as such had shown charictor and open aproach .

i was warned that any trouble will result in big problems for me with them as i have drawn a spotlight on my self , and any thing comes up i will have all my guns confiscated and destroyed and face the full force of the law !!!!!

i have been in no trouble for 10 years almost 11 i submitted all medical records etc which are not routinly checked anymore .

my retirment plan has been to become a proffesional deer manager for forrestry commision and the first stage of a 30 year plan ha ha was to get accepted for my shotgun ticket .

weirdly after all that if i find the correct permission and reason to own they will accept my firearms ticket !!!

so as horrible as it was to go throuigh and feeling judged unfairly for almost a year i got the result and feel i might actual have a good rapor with my fao ..

good luck mate .

all the best , matt.

Whooohoooo! pleased for you Midnight! :thumbs:

In the same boat re my past history, and hoping to apply for FAC and shotgun pretty soon too! fingers crossed!

One thing I will say to the OP, i've got two DR10's 11yrs old & 6yrs old, dangerous driving and some other minor feck ups in the distant past, but from talking to various people in the know and as other posters have said tis your present conduct that really counts, to that end i've just done two years at college, passed my DSC1 and will be joining a shooting club soon, all just ways to help prove that I am a responsible person and have made an effort to sort my life out and have learnt my lessons!

Joining your local shooting/clay pigeon club has got to be a good idea and just making sure your life is in order and all on the straight and narrow so to speak.

Any how i'm hoping i'll be successful when I apply so I reckon you should be ok too

When you say cautions do you mean verbal warnings or actual cautions in a police station?

There are quite a few SGC/FAC holders out there with drink driving convictions and cautions. Usually the cautions cause more concern because accepting one is an admission of guilt and they can be issued for anything from assault to theft.

Declare everything, no matter what it is and go from there.

I agree with this i have just got had both my certs revoked for six months because i accepted a caution for a public order offence. i wish i had of just sat it out in the police station as there was no real evidence against me but i had been there long enough and accepted the caution, big mistake. I am in somerset too and believe me this all happend very quickly. the basic discription of what happened to me was that i swore in public at the bloke thats been knocking my wife of for months he rang the police saying i threatend him they cautioned me for a public order offence. i am now SGC and FAC free. little bit harsh i thought.