Polecat

To be honest if the animal handles ok & if you got it to work & it does that ok then great , these dark ferrets are ten a penny because people saw the silly prices they were fetching 4 or 5 years ago, personally I would have thought mckay was all for keeping & breeeding ferrets for there working ability

I have seen him at fairs over the years & I dont think the working ability of any of the ferrets he breeds is paramount to him, so much so I was saddened & pretty disgusted when i personally watched him dump kits in fertillizer bags & hand then over to kids as they had nothing to put them in :censored:

• Like 2

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

£50 pound your not wise mate

James mckay is a peddler.   Remember seeing a dvd, where it showed his ferret ranch, if he worked his ferrets every single day of the year, they would still only get a couple of days graft each, he

how can you tell wether he was worth it? its only a kit?

Posted Images

You have just got it and already taking about breeding it ,but no mention of working ability or if it will work ?.

I got him for breeding, not for working i have 3jills that do all the work for me and my birds, plus a mate has his ferrets to work? altogether we have 10 working jills through out the winter and one very good hob, thats the one who is the father of my litter of kits.....

you wouldnt breed off an unproven dog or hawk so why ferret?

Now everyone has just assumed that im working him and the jills he might go over? There is so called show ferrets out there (polecats) all types of colours!! and i think he would throw off some excellent looking kits, hes a good looking hob and a nice colour to him...

so your breeding to replenish the numerous thousands of unwanted pet ferrets, at least if it worked people would want the kits. :huh::bye:

You have just got it and already taking about breeding it ,but no mention of working ability or if it will work ?.

I got him for breeding, not for working i have 3jills that do all the work for me and my birds, plus a mate has his ferrets to work? altogether we have 10 working jills through out the winter and one very good hob, thats the one who is the father of my litter of kits.....

you wouldnt breed off an unproven dog or hawk so why ferret?

Now everyone has just assumed that im working him and the jills he might go over? There is so called show ferrets out there (polecats) all types of colours!! and i think he would throw off some excellent looking kits, hes a good looking hob and a nice colour to him...

so your breeding to replenish the numerous thousands of unwanted pet ferrets, at least if it worked people would want the kits. :huh::bye:

I breed to order like i have just done and as i always will do, im not one of these people who just breed for the fun of it, if people want to work my ferrets or show them, then good luck :bye:

And ive just found out off a very good friend who has alot to do with ferrets and polecats that you carnt tell through DNA testing if its a wild polecat or a ferret, they will take blood off any ferret or polecat but the result will be the same, its impossible to tell the differance, i.e that there are loads of ferrets left or lost in the wild and over the years that have mated with the wild polecat. The polecat and ferret are from the same family. if there are any vets on this forum it would be nice to hear your views on this matter? He said that it also states in a very good book on polecats which is called "The Vincent wildlife trust" that it is impossible to tell the differance between them both. so i take it a DNA test is out of the question, il try tonight to get pictures up and let you all decide then..

Edited by Joycey

I now have nine jills and two hobs but if they dont graft they wont be breed from whatever there colour . i bred one litter this year and kept two kits back a silver for myself and my son against my judgement has kept a polecat back there from a albino jill to a silver hob a mate came to pick up his kit commented on your polecat is much darker than a mates who bred a eu litter .

Good luck to you in your choice of ferrets the guy was supposed to be big in ferrets and he is head of is it the Brittish ferret school love it when you give yourself titles :laugh: now hes taking hawk party's out more cash in it ?. like lord of the rings , The time of the Eu poley is past its Angoras now that make the money :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ive always said you get a good working ferret you dont need a gimic and thats all eu crosses are there two guys here who have had them admitted it and moved on back to just plain old ferrets that can graft

• Like 1

funny that i wad luking at his vids, his euros are smart as, well worth 50 for a dark one, theyre like rocking horse sheet to buy.

dont listn to ppl on heer pal they think know it all, if ur happy, what else matters?

good luck protecting your fingers :)

funny that i wad luking at his vids, his euros are smart as, well worth 50 for a dark one, theyre like rocking horse sheet to buy.

dont listn to ppl on heer pal they think know it all, if ur happy, what else matters?

good luck protecting your fingers :)

You`re using proper words and forgetting to talk in "text talk" concentrate man.

• Like 1

And ive just found out off a very good friend who has alot to do with ferrets and polecats that you carnt tell through DNA testing if its a wild polecat or a ferret, they will take blood off any ferret or polecat but the result will be the same, its impossible to tell the differance, i.e that there are loads of ferrets left or lost in the wild and over the years that have mated with the wild polecat. The polecat and ferret are from the same family. if there are any vets on this forum it would be nice to hear your views on this matter? He said that it also states in a very good book on polecats which is called "The Vincent wildlife trust" that it is impossible to tell the differance between them both. so i take it a DNA test is out of the question, il try tonight to get pictures up and let you all decide then..

so what ye saying is ye just paid 50 for a dark ferret?? :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

James mckay is a peddler.

Remember seeing a dvd, where it showed his ferret ranch, if he worked his ferrets every single day of the year, they would still only get a couple of days graft each, he has that many, mostly for breeding purposes.

The original poster was doing ok until he started talking about show ferrets. .. . pays £50 quid for a ferret, because he likes the color, has no intention of working it, just chucking out dark kits to the show folk, no wonder there is so much shit out there.

• Like 6

Ah great, another summer full of EU poley threads by folk thinking they can become millionaires by breeding them... :doh:

Yup, and even worse that people buy them...

No what im saying is i carnt get a DNA test to prove to people on here that he is a pure polecat!!!

No what im saying is i carnt get a DNA test to prove to people on here that he is a pure polecat!!!

because polecats an ferrets are the same????