Polecat

Well ive finaly got my self a pure polecat kit (hob) brought off James Mckay him self at the Bodelwyddan Castle game fair yesterday, hes 13weeks old and is lovely, hes been hand reared from 4weeks old, and my son has named him "Wolverine", if i can work out how to get pictures up il post some, im also on the Falconry forum and ive put pictures up on there, ive always wanted a dark ferret and now i have one, and he is very dark, well pleased with him....

th_P1120485.jpg

This is him with a jill im keeping out of my litter..

Edited by Joycey

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

£50 pound your not wise mate

James mckay is a peddler.   Remember seeing a dvd, where it showed his ferret ranch, if he worked his ferrets every single day of the year, they would still only get a couple of days graft each, he

how can you tell wether he was worth it? its only a kit?

Posted Images

Hi mate i paid £50 for him, hes worth it though, il keep you updated on how he gets on!!!

£50 pound your not wise mate :icon_eek:my mate has got eu. Polecats ready soon. 25 each is that i good price? Atb Davy

I wouldnt pay £50 for one...but if the chap is happy with his purchase..good luck to him.

If you asked me how much my working ferts are worth... I can tell you now... i wouldnt part with any of them for a poxy £50.

I have a small dark polecat hob kit now going free to a good working home...if anyone wants it...PM me.

yeh funny thing ferret prices,,, would it be better for ferrets if we all had to pay good money for them???,,, personly i tend to give them away,,, but i dont see a problem with folk paying £20............. i have paid a tenner for one befor..... but its a good while since i bought any...

£50 does seem alot,,,, but i have seen two supposedly half cross eu x ferrets,,, go through the auction at melton for £70 each,,, also seen sivers and the like get £30-40

• Like 1

Were they bred from his 2nd generation Polecat Jill??

He was charging £20 a head for an 8 week old ferret.

£50 for a 3rd Generation Polecat... Mother was a 2nd Gen Polecat... but what was father!?

Well ive finaly got my self a pure polecat kit (hob) brought off James Mckay him self at the Bodelwyddan Castle game fair yesterday, hes 13weeks old and is lovely, hes been hand reared from 4weeks old, and my son has named him "Wolverine", if i can work out how to get pictures up il post some, im also on the Falconry forum and ive put pictures up on there, ive always wanted a dark ferret and now i have one, and he is very dark, well pleased with him....

I'd check it's balls his stock are and produce one balled ferrets Not that id want one anyway , even if it had both balls : /

• Like 1

I like how you say "Bought of James McKay himself " like that makes it anything special guys like that can buy all local breed ferrets cheap and punt them for silly money to guilable people