A&m custom gunsiths

I dont think its fair to assume that the thread has been made with the intent of harming somebodys reputation . Dave has had an experiance , and asked openly about it . As far as Q/F`s go , i would`nt have one no matter who made it . He has said a couple of times not to take it the wrong way , and it seems that its already turning into a witch hunt .

Its not that fact Craig mate, its the fact he's openly admitted that he's only used Adi once, then didnt even contact them when he had the problem mate, I would have said at least out of common courtesy it would have been the normal thing to do as in the example above

Darryl

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi Dave I am not going to jump on your back! but will say this,you should really have phoned A&M and spoke to Adi,he would of sorted it out ASAP for FOC.   we all know how this works slating s

It is beyond my why such people jump to conclusions and have to deform their character about others and their business. Both Adi and Mandy at A&M have done a lot for various people on this and ot

hi Dave then in 2009 you should have rang Adi,he aint going to be unreasonable on the phone! ( like some gunsmiths I have heard of ) he will and always sort things out,its his nature I am not havin

Why u think i have it in for ady is beond me mate im ansewring pms all the time on the rapid forum about if quickfills is a good idea most recomendations come from lads on this forum to use his services its a simple genuine post to why so many advise to use them as ive put in the pst its not just qf from a&m that go wrong if lads cant ask a genuine question and we should be of the same opinion then wots point in a forum

hi Dave

I am not going to jump on your back!

but will say this,you should really have phoned A&M and spoke to Adi,he would of sorted it out ASAP for FOC.

we all know how this works slating some one on a open forum! WILDFIRE!!!! IF its one thing for sure it can damage a company's income! so you should have rang him first before posting! :thumbs:

I have known Adi & Mandy personally for a number of years now,and they have always been good to me as many others on here :thumbs:

TIP: think before you push the send key :tongue2:

regards

Davy

• Like 3

I had mine done in 2009 davy thinks its a bit late to be phoneing if i was talking about things [bANNED TEXT] arnt happening or if i hadnt been asked the question of a qf in the buddy it would of never been brought up like i say if lads cant ask a genuine question wots the point in having threads in the first place

Dave the point there saying is back in 2009 you should of rang. Secondly your only question is, is why do people recommend them when they didn't do as you liked will get other people questioning whether a&m are to be used or not, that's all.

• Like 1

I had mine done in 2009 davy thinks its a bit late to be phoneing if i was talking about things [bANNED TEXT] arnt happening or if i hadnt been asked the question of a qf in the buddy it would of never been brought up like i say if lads cant ask a genuine question wots the point in having threads in the first place

hi Dave

then in 2009 you should have rang Adi,he aint going to be unreasonable on the phone! ( like some gunsmiths I have heard of ) he will and always sort things out,its his nature :thumbs:

I am not having a go Dave, ii just cant see why you didn't ring? in 2009 :hmm:

• Like 2

What sort of plank either pays for this "mod" or buys it as it was, then when it failed not to return to the shop and demand either an exchange or refund. Anything that you buy from new has a warranty period, in which you can return the goods that have failed.

So why did Dave not return the bottle? has he either too much money as to just accept the failure or is there something else that is not being told? Any normal person would take it back to A&M Customs and see their responce, if it wasn't sorted then you jump up and down and maybe go on to here and do what he's done.

TRUTH A&M Customs are a first rate gunsmith and Adi appears to me to be a fine upstanding honest person. A great deal of shooters return time and time again to them.

Am getting the feeling that Dave is hiding something, that made returning the goods a nono. WHY AND WHAT?

• Like 1

What sort of plank either pays for this "mod" or buys it as it was, then when it failed not to return to the shop and demand either an exchange or refund. Anything that you buy from new has a warranty period, in which you can return the goods that have failed.

Am getting the feeling that Dave is hiding something, that made returning the goods a nono. WHY AND WHAT?

Roger , what you on about ????

Dave did`nt say the bottle failed anywhere in his post .

Should have gone to specsavers ..........

• Like 2

I think that Dave should just phone Addie as Addie as kindly requested and all will be sorted out between them both.

Not worth escalating the post into a witch hunt as Criag says or a slating match.

Both I'm sure are respectable gentlemen and will be able to put this to bed very easily and quickly between each other.

My original point was, there should of been communications between the 2 parties involved before the post was written on here as it wasn't a question that was open ended it was a question stating why do so many recommend Addy and in a way where he was already guilty of producing poor and dangerous work without proper consultation and proof.

Edited by zini
  • Like 2

Roger , what you on about ????

Dave did`nt say the bottle failed anywhere in his post .

Should have gone to specsavers ..........

Got my reminder letter from them the other day, i've yet to make an appointment Graig.

Adi is a very honest gent and takes the profession very seriously, it is his livelihood after all, which is backed up by a lifetime guarantee on all products.

I fully respect the fact you don't want people injured by shoddy workmanship however the bottle that ruptured by your own admission was not an A&M Custom gunsmiths one, and so far none of them have been.

Unfortunately i think there has been some scaremongery by the gun club and gunsmiths that saw your QF bottle

yes the best fittings QF did rupture in your thread, however as the thread says only 6 were made and most failed during manufacture, they were not from A&M.

You have provided no evidence or even reasonable grounds to say that Adi has a 'blatant disrespect for health and safety' the work and standards are very high, Adi would not have released the product to you if it was not to a satisfactory and safe standard - which he undoubtably tested before sending back to you, You have had an unfortunate experience but that in part is down to yourself not contacting A&M and resolving the matter.

He isn't just some guy tinkering in his shed! :whistling: he is an actual gunsmith, the same as the guys who manufacture any brand of rifle.

I will continue to highly recommend A&M to anyone who is looking for work to be done on their rifle because the standards or work and service are second to none, and the aftercare is top notch, this fact is echoed by Adi without question willing to resolve your problem from 2009.

ATB

Adam

• Like 1

Ar , the only thing I can get done to the huntsman is a slight polish on a tiny part, basically the slingshot housing I presume. This makes it smoother,more consistent and apparently a little quieter..I don't know how..but basically if you want to tinker, this is your only option, I assume the air ranger device is the same as the huntsman ..if you pm me your email address I can forward a slingshot tune and strip down for the huntsman to show you what "little" bit is to be polished lol

With out every one jumping down my throat but im currious to why every one hassuch great reviews of adys work ile admit ive only used them once but after using the was banned from my local shooting club and no other would let me join or no gun shop would look at my gun or any reputable gun tuner go with in 40 yard of it im just currious to why so many on here recomend there work in there signatures ect ile delve more in to so u get the picture so u think im not bern biased also im not the only one its happend to if u do a search on phil (spuddys) theoben site not nick nutshots site

After wanting my first rapid (a old mk1) quickfill did a search on the net looking for options for quick fill befor dr bob made his banjo or blodnob made his qf regulator any came accross ady site with the option of the quick fill for mk1 rapid in the end of the buddy bottle after speaking with ady one the phone sent off my buddy to be quick filled pleased with the turn around

Craig would you like me to make you appointment at the same time as mine?