A&m custom gunsiths

With out every one jumping down my throat but im currious to why every one hassuch great reviews of adys work ile admit ive only used them once but after using the was banned from my local shooting club and no other would let me join or no gun shop would look at my gun or any reputable gun tuner go with in 40 yard of it im just currious to why so many on here recomend there work in there signatures ect ile delve more in to so u get the picture so u think im not bern biased also im not the only one its happend to if u do a search on phil (spuddys) theoben site not nick nutshots site

After wanting my first rapid (a old mk1) quickfill did a search on the net looking for options for quick fill befor dr bob made his banjo or blodnob made his qf regulator any came accross ady site with the option of the quick fill for mk1 rapid in the end of the buddy bottle after speaking with ady one the phone sent off my buddy to be quick filled pleased with the turn around went to the local gun club only to be like i say banned from using there range for been so iresponcable and carrying a dangerous fire arm as they put it a ticking time bomb fealing deflated and been new to pcps took it to kirklees guns in hudersfield where they did me the favour of telling me that if i took of the buddy bottle out the shop then came back they would look in to fitting a new buddy bottle so after spending £65 think it was for them to knacker my first buddy bottle had to shell out to buy a new buddy also binning the one ady at a&m custom gunsmiths worked on after drilling a hole in it as advised by luxfer the makers of the buddy

Please understand where im coming from here i no some of u no him personally but on a site which goes on about honest reviews and all that i fail to see how so many of u can recomend a gun smith with such blatent disrespect for health and saftey and still carry on doing it

Edited by dave goodall

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi Dave I am not going to jump on your back! but will say this,you should really have phoned A&M and spoke to Adi,he would of sorted it out ASAP for FOC.   we all know how this works slating s

It is beyond my why such people jump to conclusions and have to deform their character about others and their business. Both Adi and Mandy at A&M have done a lot for various people on this and ot

hi Dave then in 2009 you should have rang Adi,he aint going to be unreasonable on the phone! ( like some gunsmiths I have heard of ) he will and always sort things out,its his nature I am not havin

So when you were turned away from those places did you then contact A&M? And tell him what had happened? If so what was his reply?.

I have seen a few bottles with the quick fill in the bottom, not heard of any exploding though

ATB

Adam

Well i guess you could say that , but one end of the air arms cylinder wall is tapered and has a large seal in it . The seal would pop before the cylinder did . Thats the way it was designed , and if someone were to put a quick fill in the side for example , i`d be dubious of it , would`nt you ?

Quickfills never go wrong. http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?570793-Rapid-peril&p=5233448#post5233448. Not a a&m one but the same parts luckily the stock broke this ones flow

No i never contacted a&m again what was the point he did what he said he was going to do i was enough off senior member of both rapid forums befor using them maybe i should of listend i just cant see how so anyso called reputable airgunners can recomend some where what openly advertises drilling buddy bottle which are blown into shape not turned so are going to be weakend and these days with regulators been able to take up to 300 bar of pres sure thats going to be some missile coming off the front

Atvb dave

This was luxfers reply to drbob on the rapid forum

This is Luxfers take on it as no matter how well it's done there is not enough metal at the base of the buddy to pass regulations.

Quote " They take the cylinder

outside the scope of its original design approval and as such this would make it illegal for use in the U.K." End quote.

Target Tronics used to do them that was the last time Luxfer were involved after a complaint from BSA.

I suggest that any firm doing it commercially gets in touch with Luxfer before they get a visit from the HSE.

Nuff said !!!!

Edited by dave goodall

I cant really comment on the quick fills lads as Ive never seen one or understand the engineering involved in making them safe but what I will say is I have a Twink MK 2, X3 and now the new Marksman silencer from A & M Custom Gunsmiths and they work on my rifles very well, especially the Marksman :yes: .

I also have one of the newer version light weight cylinders on my HW100 S and its just totally changed the way my rifle shoulders and shoots. Bloody brilliant in my opinion, more shots and lighter.

I understand that they had problems at the start with a faulty batch of seals but now they seem to have sorted the cylinder and for me its spot on.

Addie is also one of the most helpful blokes I know when it comes to helping lads out with air rifles and if there is a problem he goes out of his way to sort it even on his days off.

Maybe someone should ask him about this quick fill and what safety features he has incorporated into it IF ANY instead of bringing this up here where he cannot defend himself fairly as he doesn't come on here ever.

1. It may at best save someones live in the future if it is dangerous.

2. You may be surprized and he may have already done something about it and all this is for nothing.

3 At the worst case Im sure knowing him as I do he would buy you a brand new rifle bottle mate and reimburse you your money back as well as stop modding the bottles potentially saving more lives.

Lets not add to destroying a good man's lively hood on here when none of us are 100% sure what the real situation is in regards to the safety features as I read it ;) .

Si.

Edited by zini
  • Like 1

OK Ive just gotten off the phone with Addy who doesn't know any of this as been written about his company.

Dave he wants you to phone him buddy please as he doesn't have your number and he will either meet with you F2F and explain the situation of speak over the phone and sort things out with you.

The bottle and quick fill apparently as a mushroom fitting that cannot been seen inside the bottle which is very safe and is pressure tested to 300 bar prior to being released to the customer.

He now uses a even better fitting that is safer than the Dr Bob so he informs me and Luxfers are aware of this as Addy has had comms with them and they are apparently happy.

Addy says that gun shops and clubs will sometimes turn you away as they cannot be sure of what safety measures have been imposed on the modification, you cant blame them for that.

He was also willing to reimburse you Dave so the key is to phone him and find out the whole situation from Addie.

Hope this as helped.

Si.

Edited by zini
  • Like 1

Adi from A&m custom gunsmiths fitted the quick fill to my mk1 rapid and i had it for 4 years without any problems in fact it was so much better, no more o ring problems etc etc. His work is second to none and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. His work has always been spot on when ever i've used him.

• Like 1

It is beyond my why such people jump to conclusions and have to deform their character about others and their business.

Both Adi and Mandy at A&M have done a lot for various people on this and other forums and I suppose the airgun world in general and they gets a lot of work through recommendation from his outstanding customer service.

I'm not just saying this because they have both become very personal friends of mine, but because its the truth.

I have it from Adi HIMSELF that ALL work and products done/made by A&M carry a LIFETIME warranty.

If you have ANY problems other than those obviously caused by personal negligence then they will normally sort them out FREE OF CHARGE

If you can be arsed to speak to the manufacturer then speak to me and I'll do it on your behalf.

Darryl

• Like 3

I dont think its fair to assume that the thread has been made with the intent of harming somebodys reputation . Dave has had an experiance , and asked openly about it . As far as Q/F`s go , i would`nt have one no matter who made it . He has said a couple of times not to take it the wrong way , and it seems that its already turning into a witch hunt .

Well said Darryl,I Had a problem with my a& m custom cylinder, phoned them and Addy sorted it straight away very very good people to deal with

It seems to be the norm on forums and suchlike now mate that people buy stuff, it sometimes through no fault of their own goes wrong and the first thing they do instead of contacting the manufacturer is openly abuse the public forum telling others how "bad" it is or how "bad" the people are that sold them it.

Would they buy a TV from Currys for it to go off for the first thing they do is put it on a forums saying "My TV has gone off and its your fault"...... I dont think so.... theyd be on the phone to Currys in a flash.....

2 standards nowadays.... Its about time people came back into reality instead of Virtuality!!

Darryl

• Like 1