Silenced Shotties?

Ok I had my name down for a silenced 410 at our local gun shop but they never got back to me and i was quite relieved coz someone told me it was only good for like 10/15 yards??? True or not? How much does the silencer knock off your range in the 12 bore version?

Most of my shooting is either near houses or in the middle of about 12,000 game birds so I need to be quiet or its an air rifle job coz them birds don't half get jumpy :hunter:

Cheers , gnipper

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got a Hushpower 410 gnipper.They are shit hot.Hushpower do theirs in 3" magnum.With the 3" you can cleanly kill rabbits at 25-30yds.If you use 21/2" then you are down to 15-20yds.

They are brilliant for dispatching snared foxes without much disturbense.Great for killing any small vermin at 5-30yds with the right cartridge.

I'm with peg on this one. I own a lot of shotguns and my .410's are always what I take out when walking the dogs for downing the odd pigeon or rabbit. The silenced Hushpowers are shit hot and I've shot woodies coming into roost with it regularly (40-50 yards easy).

Guest Deerstalker

You are beter with a fe cking airrifle mate them hush feckers are crap ive shot a few and wouldnt give one cabinet room. A silenced .22 will do a beter job and at 15 yards pick up a brick. I will doupt you shot lots comming in at 50yards feck me thats great shooting for a normal 12. keep it real and it wont come back ti bite ya. :icon_eek::hunter:

Deerstalker you are self opinionated pain in the arse. Why have you hijacked this thread with your silly personal attack? The lad's asked for honest opinions and he's got 'em. How the hell can you compare an air rifle or rimmy with a .410 anyway...............totally different beasts. If you're shooting woodies flying in to roost as they come over mature oak trees what range is that? I'd say it's about 40 - 50 yds wouldn't you? If you think I'm lying that's your business.......... what you think makes piss all difference to anything.

Guest Deerstalker

The lad asked for an opinion im giving it just because it aint going your way mate is your problem now grow up. Pegangun has it about right they will kill small vermin at short distances nobody realy uses them any more as thery were just a poachers tool for shooting roosters and squaters in the lamp. fifty yards is also excesive for a silenced shot gun mate and any fecking shooter thats worth his salt will tell you that. Told you in the post deal in facts and it wont come back to bite you.

get one gnipper you wont be disapointed.brilliant tool.i,ve shot plenty of stuff with mine and for the shooting i do its perfect.lots of the places i go have horses so ther less noise the better.have dropped plenty of stuff at 30 yrds.mine is a 410 with a hushpower silencer fitted

mini-DSCN1608.jpg

Guest Deerstalker

Well the chap asked my opinion and i gave it i have used them pegand gun there not what there cracked up to be I have never been a real lover of shot guns but the hush power job like i said i wouldnt put in my cabinet. Most of you lads are singing off the same song sheet so my opinion wont count for much, Its hard to give an objective opinion [bANNED TEXT] it might go against some person who is handing out shooting stalking etc. Thats why i like to be self suficient that way i dont need to creep up other asses i can tell it as it is. so tell the chap what the fecking gun can do and stop streching its capabilitys. :realmad:

What the hell is your problem Deerstalker.Somone in life must have done you some real wrong.Your attitude stinks.Why dont you have anything decent to say about anyone.(grumpy old b.....!)

shot my first rabbit with a 410 when i was 6 years old now 43 and still have one in the cabinet used often when foxing and checking traps

Guest Deerstalker

[How do you know im old fat man. Grumpy naw me mate truthfull yes. PEOPLE DONT DO ME ANY HARM MATE BUT WORDS DO AND [bANNED TEXT] THEY HAVE THE BACK UP OF OTHERS THEY DO HARM. Fact the hush power wont shoot beter than 30 yards IMHO there shit surely im aloud an opinion. Now if i go on here and ask your opinion and i dont like it i wont come crying all over the comp now grow up and leave as is. Some gobby keeper sticking his nose in aint what i expected but hey its the internet. :hunter:

Guest baldie

I,ve used a hushpower for a few years [.410] it would kill cleanly at 30 yards[ but i can shoot], i have no reason to think the 12 wont do the same at 40-50 yards, it is fully choked, but you do need to be able to shoot, probarbly why some folk dont rate them :whistle: