whippet x greyhound

Guest born to run1083

Whippet/greys are good animals in there own right, I think the biggest thing I'd be nervous about is what kind of ground your be running on, as you say rough ground, but how rough as Wales has a varied landscape but if it's like in quarries and casts or reclaimed tips like we have round here I'd get something stronger built unless you love the vets. I'm not to sure how it would fair up. If your running on flatter arable fields one would do you well.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4 greyhound 1/4 whippet and as brave as a lion, stands 22"1/2

Heres mine mate hes 3qtr whip 1qtr grey he is 22tts and hes a fast little fecker i cant comment much on working ability because hes only 14 month old but i had him out ferreting and hes been on the la

Posted Images

Guest born to run1083

How meny are genuine first cross ped whippet cross greyhound these days not meny i bet.

I was looking for a pup a while ago couldn't find one myself. Not from half decent stock anyway

How meny are genuine first cross ped whippet cross greyhound these days not meny i bet.

probably when ,,,they stop selling peds for £600,,,cos they certainly wont get that for a cross breed,,,they,ll lose to much money

• Like 1

It's been a long, long time since a Pedigree Whippet has been put into the Non-Peds. The "1st" crosses are invariably Non-Ped Whippet X Greyhound. If you look back at the breeding of the "Whippets", you'll find more Greyhound..... so the "1st" crosses will usualy have a bit more than 50% Greyhound in them.

Cheers.

• Like 1

where would be the place to try and get a grew then ? who is breeding from good blood lines

is it always strictly whip grey in these racing grews or is there some times vary small percentages of some thing els ?

• 6 years later...
On 21/06/2012 at 23:35, bryson said:

Heres mine mate hes 3qtr whip 1qtr grey he is 22tts and hes a fast little fecker i cant comment much on working ability because hes only 14 month old but i had him out ferreting and hes been on the lamp with good success his eagerness to learn suprised me and the speed in which he learns new things is great personally i think he has quite abit more stamina than a pure whippet he can be abit head strong some times but i put that down to his incredibily high prey drive so now i cant wait for the season to come to get him stuck in105_0766.jpg

Looking at this in 2018!!! Nice dog!!!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Night Walker said:

are many people still working them and racing them? Always here of them being talked about positively and being pretty handy alrounders 

Never seen one myself but that’s nothing to go by. I have a Saluki Bull grey x Saluki whippet grey. A dash of this and a dash of that! I think they would be speed machines no doubt about that! Would defo have one

On 21/06/2012 at 23:35, bryson said:

Heres mine mate hes 3qtr whip 1qtr grey he is 22tts and hes a fast little fecker i cant comment much on working ability because hes only 14 month old but i had him out ferreting and hes been on the lamp with good success his eagerness to learn suprised me and the speed in which he learns new things is great personally i think he has quite abit more stamina than a pure whippet he can be abit head strong some times but i put that down to his incredibily high prey drive so now i cant wait for the season to come to get him stuck in105_0766.jpg

That’s a lovely looking flying machine ?

• Like 2