bitch hit a barb wire fence

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

jesus boys are ya goin wrap them in cotton wool they are working dogs buy yourself a stapler your goin to need it

only a scratch that she will learn

we have a winner lol

Posted Images

how do i stop my saluki/grey running tho them as one day i a shitting it he will bust himself :unsure: ???

one sure fire easy way dont slip it i never slip near barb but this lot was new and i didn't no it was there

jesus boys are ya goin wrap them in cotton wool they are working dogs buy yourself a stapler your goin to need it

yes they are working dogs but if one is out of action through wire injury's thats me stuck in so i don't leave nowt to chanse simples

Haven't you got 3 dogs? How wwould one being out of action stop you going out?

If I never slipped my dog if there was wire around then they'd never be run.

• Like 1

how do i stop my saluki/grey running tho them as one day i a shitting it he will bust himself :unsure: ???

one sure fire easy way dont slip it i never slip near barb but this lot was new and i didn't no it was there

yes they are working dogs but if one is out of action through wire injury's thats me stuck in so i don't leave nowt to chanse simples

Haven't you got 3 dogs? How wwould one being out of action stop you going out?

If I never slipped my dog if there was wire around then they'd never be run.

same here mate, i carnt think of anywhere around here where there isnt loads of it.

One of the worst incidents I've had with wire was straight wire, it was annoying as I was walking her on an old trailway and she went after a rabbit and went up this Incline and jumped the wire easy then the rabbit turned around and came back down again and she hit the wire give the rabbit time to pop down a hole a few stitches later it had healed up

As sed there working dogs if you work dogs at break neck speeds pursuing quarry at any time day or night then your eventually will end up with some sort of injury all part and parcel with working dogs, only a few weeks ago I slipped my dog he didn't come back walked the direction he ran to find him hanging from a double barbed wire fence from his back legs lucky enuff only a few holes and lil skin tear, but if I had a pound for evry stitch or skin staple my dogs have had I'd be well off

Injuries come hand in hand with working dogs I afraid, some have seen some that ask the question is it all worthwhile, broken necks, broken backs, broken legs, the thing with skin tears is they tend to heal just fine given the correct treatment by either a vet or someone with the confidence and knowledge of how to do so,

Here's one my bitch picked up a few years back. Healed up just fine.

codie027.jpg

codie028.jpg

And here you can barely see the scar

setts034.jpg

• Like 1

only a scratch that she will learn :thumbs:

will ask my mate if he has a photo of the lab i gave him. it ran under a razor wire fence and nearly split the dog in two.

Ive seen some horrific injuries of that stuff.. :blink: