go to the greyhound track or wherever you can get beef chicken tripe from id buy chicken beef tripe put in pound weight bags feed beef one day chicken another tripe the next but try and put abit of meal through the system

• Like 1

Theres no way in this world I would feed my dogs hearts

i'd agree Bill, though I have on occasion bought an Ox heart for myself an the dogs have had a bit, no probs there but that ammount of offal daily... :no:

Hi Matie..the main thing about what I post is have you ever tasted them..absolutely lovely, I used to feed heart years ago, 10p each from my butcher, god knows how much they are now..but, once I tasted them. f**k the dogs, ha, ha, ha....sliced, deep fried, some chips and some onion rings, eat like a king for a day..great stuff..how you keeping anyway, might be down your way again once the season starts..

Have you ever tasted deer hearts, even better, me and a mate used to fight over hearts and liver from roe..

Edited by Romany

High in protein but very high in iron, i would feed sparingly. Also contains Vitamin B12 which is not a bad thing. Too much of anything is bad for you , variety is the spice of life and all that.

Heart is great, remember its a muscle meat not like liver etc etc, so it can be fed daily but ideally mixed with tripe or chicken mince. Simply use it as you would a red meat.

I also agree its lovely to eat.